Welcome To aBlackWeb

Laura Ingraham Questions Whether MLK Would Admire Today’s Democrats ‘Living in a Constant State of P

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/laura-i...ocrats-living-in-a-constant-state-of-protest/

Laura Ingraham doesn’t think Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would think much of the Democrats of today, because they are in a “constant state of protest.”

Ingraham’s opening monologue on Thursday was on the topic of race broadly, but in particular Al Sharpton‘s National Action Network convention on Wednesday, which featured prominent 2020 Democrat candidates. She talked about reparations and said that the candidates are “marching down [Sharpton’s] cynical and crooked reparations road.”

“Their goal is to punish Americans who had nothing to do with slavery in order to appear as the most ‘woke’ in the field,” she said. She also hit Pete Buttigieg for saying he’ll no longer use the phrase “all lives matter” before she moved on to her point about MLK.

“What message do these folks offer America’s voters? I’ll tell you what they offer: resentment, anger, division, and alienation,” said Ingraham. “And these Democrats don’t even acknowledge obvious gains, but you know why they won’t: Because to do so would affirm that Trump’s policies are working. Can’t have that.”

She said it took a Republican president to get criminal justice reform, whereas Democrats offer “more demonization of the police.” She showed clips from the conference throughout, and said that one might think the Civil Rights Act was never passed by listening to Democrats talk.

“Watching and listening to this Democrat field kowtow to Al Sharpton makes it seem like America didn’t even elect, and then re-elect it’s first black president,” she said. “But for the hardcore racial rabble-rousers, Obama’s victories, remember, they were just baby steps. What they want now is full-on income confiscation meant to enforce equal outcomes, if not equal opportunity.”

She then played a clip of Sharpton referring to the “post-Obama” era, which she characterized as dismissive of Obama.

“Today is the anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.,” said Ingraham. “I was thinking, like, if he were alive today, I wonder what he’d think about such dismissive comments. And about a Democrat Party that believes it can regain power by living in a constant state of protest, or racial hatred, and denial.”

Back