Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ladies, How Do You Feel About...?

A man over 30 who has never been in a fight? Would you be willing to be in a relationship or build with that man? Honest opinions please.

Would some of your respect for him be diminished if you found out he has never been in a fight?

Would you feel safe or feel that you're with someone who can/will protect you?

And no disrespect to my brother who brought this up in another thread.

I'd be in a relationship with him. Just because a man has been in a fight don't mean he won them and just because he has never fought doesn't make him weak. He could've been a big nigga that niggas feared so nobody approached him on no bs in fear they'd get their ass beat.

I would respect him and feel safe until it's proven he can't protect me.

That is not a fact. Some ppl are just chill ppl who don't be on them situations, especially island ppl. A lot of island ppl are easy going and avoid bad minded ppl like the plague.

I'm pretty chill and laid back too but I've also been in more than a few fights or moments of conflict throughout my life. Moments of conflict present themselves to everyone.

Also, it's not about if they won the fight or not. It's about having the heart to stand up for yourself and fight. If you got your ass whopped every time you fought at least you stood up for yourself.

That is not a fact. Some ppl are just chill ppl who don't be on them situations, especially island ppl. A lot of island ppl are easy going and avoid bad minded ppl like the plague.
You already know brotha keep tings nice n cool :mynigga:

He doesn't have to be a past or present physical fighter, but he better at least have a bkground as an outstanding shoe thrower or something.
If a situation arises and we are forced to physically defend ourselves, the niggas we fighting better leave with some shoe wounds on their dome.

I don't feel that a man has to fight to prove himself a man. Nor even if he hasn't fought does it prove that he is even less of a man. I rather date someone that I wouldn't have to worry about getting in a fight all the time and hurt really bad or even killed.

Also, it's not about if they won the fight or not. It's about having the heart to stand up for yourself and fight. If you got your ass whopped every time you fought at least you stood up for yourself.

But why are you equating standing up for ones self to mean fighting?

Folks ain't in middle/high school no more where the worst outcome is probably getting suspended. Sane minded folks ain't trying to get an assault charge cuz a nigga looked at you funny. All in the name of you standing up for yourself. At some point in life you gotta realize that some shit ain't worth it and just walk away.

the whole topic is kinda funny to me, cuz it's like the whole nice guy bias..

people assume that if a guy is a nice guy, or a momma's boy that they're incapable of standing up for themselves.....

it's very possible to not be in an physical conflicts....

in fact, most normal regular people go out of their way at all costs to avoid physical altercations.....

even some aggressive people do that shit as a front, never been in a damn fight in their life, but let them tell it they're a world beater....

being a fighter is something that's just inside of you, or it ain't....

some folk just have a higher capacity for violence than others......

i see it all the time in the gym....

guys come in, some of them, and no matter how much you show them something, or they learn , or how active they are... when it comes time to perform, it just ain't there......

there was this one kid... complete gym rat....dude prolly an instructor now, his skill and knowledge was above average..... but his amatuer record was like all losses, cuz when the bell rung, dude would always freeze up... it just wasn't in him.....

i asked him once had he ever been in a real fight....and he was like naw...that's why he took up martial arts....so he could defend himself, but it meant nothing, cuz he just ain't have what it took....

If a man has never been in a fight in his life, then two things have occurred...
  1. He knows how to treat people well, which is very, very respectable. I love that shit. It shows that you are a great person.
  2. He is a coward who picks his battles wisely. I have run into a lot of people like this in my adult life. Shit is crazy.
Being a fighter is not necessarily a good thing either. As an older person with shit to lose, you get that urge to fight, but you cannot act on it due to the consequences. Most cowards hide behind the law, after shit they started get out of hand.

Shit puts extra stress on you to calm down, which is not good for your health. It will play out like that scene in Baby Boy where Ving has to calm himself down...

Last edited:
I legit know niggaz that never been in a fight. Some niggaz never find themselves in a compromised positioned.
I need new friends. Them niggas will fight at the drop of a dime.

One of my biggest fights was over my homie wanting to stop me from fighting some nigga he was cool with that none of us liked.

But why are you equating standing up for ones self to mean fighting?

Folks ain't in middle/high school no more where the worst outcome is probably getting suspended. Sane minded folks ain't trying to get an assault charge cuz a nigga looked at you funny. All in the name of you standing up for yourself. At some point in life you gotta realize that some shit ain't worth it and just walk away.

I'm not talking about a 30+ year old going out and looking for trouble, we're talking about people who have never been in a fight in their entire lives even in middle school like you mentioned.

Back