Welcome To aBlackWeb

KXNG Crooked, Elzhi, Rapsody, Nick Grant & More Will Take The AFH Stage At SXSW

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
On Wednesday, March 15, Ambrosia for Heads will be cohosting its first official showcase at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Festival in Austin, Texas. The Ambrosia For Heads x My Executive Room Showcase will feature headlining appearances from Kxng Crooked, Elzhi, Rapsody, 9th Wonder and Nick Grant. The event will also include Page Kennedy, Jay IDK, Don Flamingo, LG, Blaze, the Rebel, and I.O.D. With so many lyrically gifted MCs on one bill, the event will be a veritable bar exam for everyone in the building.

sxsw.png

Nick Grant Spits A Blazing Hot Freestyle That Melts Raekwon’s Ice Cream

Kxng Crooked (fka Crooked I) most recently dropped Good vs. Evil in November, and it featured some of the most politically explosive messages of his career. Elzhi’s Lead Poison was widely regarded as one of 2016’s best Hip-Hop offerings, while Rapsody delivered much anticipated new solo material in the form of her Crown EP. 9th Wonder, of course, is one of music’s most highly esteemed, not just because of hisincredible production and DJ skills, but also for his work in academia and the preservation of Hip-Hop’s most important albums.

Heads are still getting to know Nick Grant, the South Carolina rapper whose debut album, Return of the Cool, dropped in January. Page Kennedy, the actor known best for his role as U-Turn on Weeds, is similarly stepping into his own as a promising voice in Rap. On March 10, he will release his debut Torn Pages, an album featuring both Elzhi and Kxng Crooked (as well as Royce 5’9, Marsha Ambrosius, and others). Jay IDK is a Maryland rapper whose LP The Empty Bank centers around economics and features extremely powerful artwork. New Orleans will be represented by both Don Flamingo and LG, while I.O.D. will rep for Brooklyn and Blaze, the Rebel hails from New Jersey.

Elzhi & O.C. Are Underground MC Legends. They Sound Great Together

Ambrosia for Heads is partnering with artist consulting platform My Executive Room on the event, which goes down at the 512 Bar (408 E 6th St) from 8pm until 1am. Attendees will be required to show official SXSW badges and/or wristbands for entry.

Back