Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Kobe vs LeBron

Nigga what?

The A.I sixers would've beat the spurs, not to mention all the monster western conf teams the lakers had to beat to get to the finals. Yall focusing on the finals, the lakers had to beat great teams to even get to the finals, while lebron has been cake walkin to the finals and losing, kobe was winning.

You can try to chop it up and move goal posts, but the fact remains, kobe was winning, lebron is mostly losing and will be losing again this year too lol
Give @AP21 his rocks back b.. you

kobe never elevated the play of his other teammates.

lebron has done this for years

it doesnt show up in individual awards, but lets not talk about that

Pau, Ariza, Fisher, Odom

Lebron doesnt elevate he immigrates and relegates

That same team before Pau got there was a first round exit.

You might not remember but Pepperidge farm does.

Shaq > Wade, Bosh, Love, Irving.

Matter of fact Shaq helped get Wade to the finals. I believe before and after Shaq, Heat was getting beat in the first or second round or even missing the playoffs until LBJ came to south beach. And then back to missing or getting whipped in the first round in that same East

That same team before Pau got there was a first round exit.

You might not remember but Pepperidge farm does.

Shaq > Wade, Bosh, Love, Irving.

Matter of fact Shaq helped get Wade to the finals. I believe before and after Shaq, Heat was getting beat in the first or second round or even missing the playoffs until LBJ came to south beach. And then back to missing or getting whipped in the first round in that same East

lets consult with the resident Heat Index correspondent

@Beta

In 04 kobe lost (with shaq and literally an all star team) in the finals.

They were feuding so bad they threw away a championship and shaq left. I guess "making your teammates better" and "his teammates dont wanna play with him" only counts in the lbj vs mj debate?

In 05 after shaq left they had a losing record......while kobe's scoring was its highest yet of his career

When lbj left cleveland they went from #1 to dead last. The year before he came back (with kyrie) still no playoffs. His first year back...in the finals. Next year, with same playoff-less kyrie before lbj trade....a championship "he dont make his teammates better".

Kobe didnt make it to the finals again til the year pau came halfway thru the season....still averaging similar scoring as usual

The rings kobe got with shaq, shaq was always highest scorer.

Lbj average higher stats than anyone on either team win or lose.

He lost in a finals to a team whos 6 man won the finals mvp. The same team that ppl say can go up against 90s bulls. Yet say lbj had a better team than gsw pre-durant

Yall dont even know where u stand. Diff standards for diff players i guess.

Last edited:
Yeah LBJ elevated those around him so much, that he realized he needed at least all-star caliber players to win w/.

:smh:
Name one championship team that had less than 2 all stars.

Pau, Ariza, Fisher, Odom

Lebron doesnt elevate he immigrates and relegates

Kobe made pau better?? Pau's scoring average stayed about the same from his years in memphis thru his laker tenure.

He actually had a slightly higher average with memphis a couple yrs.

Kobe won with him bc he provided added scoring.....scoring he was already doing before he went to LA.

Lakers finals 2000 vs pacers
Shaq averaged 38 pts, 16 rebs
Kobe avg 15, 5, 4

2001 vs sixers
Shaq averaged 33 pts, 15.8 rebs
Kobe 24, 7 and 5

2002 sweep the nets
Shaq averaged 36 pts, 12 rebs
Kobe 26, 5 and 5

Even the finals they lost to detroit shaq averaged more points tho they were the only 2 players averaging double digits vs pistons whole starting 5

Do u all think kobe wouldve got those 3 rings without shaq, one of the most dominant players to ever play the game?

giphy.gif

And he don't need twitter to try and convince folks of his greatness.

Back