Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Kobe vs LeBron

let the record show, i have no dog in the fight

i just think using the metrics of rings is a silly one

All the monster teams have been in the west.

The only serious threat from the east since 04 has been the celtics (kg/pp/allen) and the lakers were facing them niggas in the finals that whole time. Other than that, east been trash.

The west had the Suns (nash era), dallas, spurs, gsw, etc.

When u really break this shit down, it's not even close.

Kings and Portland wasn't no slouch in the early 2000's either.

Why do u always go to this lame argument? lol

It's a factor, which is why horry will probably go down as the greatest "role player", we're talkin about team leaders...........
but he got more rings so he should be mentioned in the convo according to your logic about rings being the end all be all

watch this

Horry has more than Jordan and Kobe

U play to win the game. Rings will always be a criteria

giphy.gif

so, kobe gets credit for surviving the gauntlet that is the western conference and beating up, by ya'lls admission, inferior eastern conference teams

but lebron gets flack for beating those same inferior teams, but losing to whoever come out the West?

Do i have this right??

so, kobe gets credit for surviving the gauntlet that is the western conference and beating up, by ya'lls admission, inferior eastern conference teams

but lebron gets flack for beating those same inferior teams, but losing to whoever come out the West?

Do i have this right??

Yes, that's part of the many reasons kobe is superior.

now this is moving the goalposts

Mentioning that the western conf is where all the good teams are and that the east is a weak conf is moving goal posts? Nah that's stating facts and bringing context.

AP , u gotta have better arguments than this lol

Mentioning that the western conf is where all the good teams are and that the east is a weak conf is moving goal posts? Nah that's stating facts and bringing context.

AP , u gotta have better arguments than this lol

nah man

you just admitted that his finals opponents have been inferior to the point where there was no one to give a legit challenge

so he gets props for beating those teams, but if lebron loses to GS 2/3 years, somehow, thats as failure??

So does Peyton Manning. He got 2 chips, 5 MVP's, and damn near all the passing records for a QB.

He still not better than Brady.

Actually Brady is passing him up and he don’t have all the better stats when comparing him vs Brady

nah man

you just admitted that his finals opponents have been inferior to the point where there was no one to give a legit challenge

so he gets props for beating those teams, but if lebron loses to GS 2/3 years, somehow, thats as failure??

Are u smoking this morning?

In order for kobe to have gotten to the finals all those times, he had to beat all the big dogs in the west, which he did more times than not.

Most of the time when lebron faces the west big dogs, he loses.

Pretty simple to understand.

Kobe my all time favorite. He’s a way better scorer. But Bron is the better basketball player and when he finally retires it’s going to be evident.

His first trip to the finals he was carrying a team that had no business winning it. He choked against Mavs, no two ways about that. Took a legitimate L to very good spurs team with multiple hall of famers. Then 2 losses to a historically good team, one in which brons best teammates were sidelined and he still willed it to be competitive. Then the next loss to that same historically good team which just added the 2nd best player in the league to the roster. Whatever.

You can talk that losing finals record rhetoric if you want to. Despite that, Bron has an impressive post-season legacy and he still got years left in him.

Back