Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash: Long Live the Mamba

test
I can recall this day like it was yesterday. This is my son's birthday and it was surreal hearing rumors of his death before it was actually confirmed. That was a crazy Sunday and the irony is my son and I were buying some lebron's when the chatter started. I was never a big fan of his but this hit hard for some reason and I was in disbelief for the entire week going forward.

Damn, I was shocked when I first heard about it and didn't want to believe it. I was hoping that shit wasn't true and that's why I ain't said shit to my parents even when they called me and told me KOBE died because I knew before they did but that call confirmed it.

My sister called me, and I hung up on her. Then turned on the news and was stuck in a state of shock! I don't cry when celebrities die but this one hit different. #RIPKOBE

I was in the grocery store in one aisle and my lady came around the corner(big kobe fan) and told me the news and I had to double check(cuz i think she heard from someone else too) and man we stood there for a min and just hugged....once all the details started coming out I think I hugged my kids 1000 times that day

I was in the grocery store in one aisle and my lady came around the corner(big kobe fan) and told me the news and I had to double check(cuz i think she heard from someone else too) and man we stood there for a min and just hugged....once all the details started coming out I think I hugged my kids 1000 times that day
Exact same way I heard it. Random stranger walked up to me and told me... I dead ass thought she was the feds. I needed to get to a TV and around ppl, I don't trust my phone for shit nowadays.

I cant believe its been a year already, it feels like a few months...

I still cant watch any Kobe documentaries and it hits hard when he pops up on anyone elses (like Tony Parker's or The Last Dance)...

Man damn smh

I was makin a lil beat, then took a smoke break when my brother txt me the screenshot from tmz

thought it was a hoax til I started seein it everywhere else

jus a crazy sad situation all around, shit still feels surreal

I had just came home from playing ball and my brother hit me, damn near hung up the phone on him, started checking the news, nothing at first then everything started popping up.

Blessings Gawd, Blessibgs on Gigi, and Blessings to his family

Man I was on wshh watching a video and like I always do I scrolled the comments and somebody said r.i.p bean. And I'm like naaaawwwwww. I shoot straight over here and I was like damn not the bean. It would still hurt but it hit different because he had his daughter with him. Also let's not forget the seven other outlawing who lost their lives to. R.I.P to all of these people

What's y'all best/favorite memories of Kobe? I know there's hella Laker fans in here.

I always respected Kobe and the Lakers (Magic is my GOAT), but as a teenager growing up in Brooklyn in the early 2000s, I LOATHED them. My foster brother was a Pippen fan, but also loved Jordan and had both #23 and #45 jerseys... home, away and alternative. When Pippen went to the Blazers, bro became a Blazers fan. From there one of their biggest obstacles was the Lakers, whom at that point everyone considered Shaq's team. Bro always made fun of Shaq for gassing out by the 3rd quarter, but that's when Kobe would turn up. Bro always pointed that out to me and likened his game to Jordan's... not just the style, but his 3rd quarter rallies when the Lakers were down. Once he realized the Blazers weren't gonna be shit, he became a Lakers fan, because of Kobe... mind you this is like '01 when Shaq was still the undisputed leader.

Our mans was a Kings fan, so '02 was a riot for us. As a Magic fan I had no say in the matter (more on that later), but I liked the Kings so I was going for them in the WCFs. That series was where I realized with my own eyes Kobe was THE star. All cheating aside, Kobe went off that whole series even tho Shaq scored more. He scored when it counted, and kept the Lakers in the game at pivotal moments. The 15 year old I was back then wanted to make anything purple and yellow bleed, but damn that was some of the best basketball I ever seen in my life.

Fast forward to '04 (that number is giving me PTSD already), my hatred for the Lakers was rejuvenated by that Derek Fisher shot. At this point I'm rockin with the Spurs heavy. I'm still a Magic fan... yes, even the '03-'04 19 straight losses T-Mac screamin "I JUST WANNA WIN!" lookin like he goin thru a billion dollar divorce Magic. I'm on my way out of my mother's house going back to my foster mother's crib when the game was on, and figured the Spurs won. I turn my back to open the door when I heard the buzzer and my mother scream. I turn back around and see Derek Fisher hop away like he just fucked Catwoman and Supergirl in a threesome. I dreaded going back to the crib cuz I knew my foster brother would be waiting for me. Longest train ride of my life.

Best time of my life as a basketball fan was the '08-'09 season when the Lakers and the Magic made it to the Finals. I can finally talk shit to my brother... Howard was that dude and the Magic defense was tight, plus we had shooters. In my mind the Lakers wasn't doing shit with us. Obviously I was wrong, but by now I'm a lot more mature and understand the game so I was proud that the Lakers won. It proved what me and my brother knew along... Kobe was not only the real star of the Lakers, but he was one of the GOATs and at any point could start a dynasty with who he wanted. The Spurs have been a problem in the West for a good part of 2 decades so it wasn't easy for Kobe. He did the best he could with an inconsistent roster (him calling Howard soft still burns me to this day), and even those valleys of his career he showed greatness. Anyone who has a competitive bone in their body should strive to do what Kobe did in the last day of their profession. And I'm proud as hell to live in Cali and see Dwight Howard and Lebron, the next GOAT in line, win one in LA for the Mamba.

Man I was on wshh watching a video and like I always do I scrolled the comments and somebody said r.i.p bean. And I'm like naaaawwwwww. I shoot straight over here and I was like damn not the bean. It would still hurt but it hit different because he had his daughter with him. Also let's not forget the seven other outlawing who lost their lives to. R.I.P to all of these people
The one that gets me the most is the coach. Dude was a coach for 27 years. That's at least 6 generations of players and almost 3 decades of tenure... that school is crushed. There were only 5 last names amongst those 9 ppl, including the coach and his family. 3 families were on that helicopter that day, and the one person other than the pilot that was there on her own left behind 3 kids. Kobe and Gigi didn't have to be there for this to be one of the worst tragedies in human history.

Back