Welcome To aBlackWeb

Great film

Only negative is Will tone/accent and short shorts but everything else was a masterpiece

im not responding to this to say your opinion is wrong, but i feel like another actor (dont know who..maybe one that is the same descent of their father) would've gave it a more authentic feel. This feels like a check for Will and some of the dialogue was cringeworthy to me

this is on par with "concussion" for me. Will dont have that kinda range to be trying to impersonate different dialects. It sounds and feels very shoehorned just to attach a big name to the project.

Maaaan...will murked this roll foh

King Richard

Kingly performance ! !

PRAISE: Will Smith gives a wonderful and strong performance as Richard Williams a father determined to write his two daughters, Venus and Serena, into history.
I'm so glad that this is a warts and all biopic.
Richard wasn't a saint but he is a loving and nurturing father. He wanted more for his children and nothing was going to get in his way. Not gangs,working long nights,racism or butting heads with various tennis coaches and I thought the film brought out the aforementioned beautifully. The supporting cast including :
Aunjanue Ellis, Jon Bernthal, Saniyya Sidney, Demi Singleton, Tony Goldwyn, Mikayla Lashae Bartholomew, Daniele Lawson, and Layla Crawford
are all top notch. I was very moved by some stand out scenes. Some are humorous some are heavily dramatic but the fact is the film actually made me feel something. I love when performances leap off the screen. There were some things I had forgotten and never knew about the game of tennis and thankfully the film gave nice lessons and helped me to recall.
Sure Richard's ego got in the way sometimes and it got to him the way he may be looked at by the public and the media but in the end it all came from wanting more and love and the two are not bad things at all.

PROBLEMS: NONE

Scale of 1 to 10 a 10+

Back