Menu
PAGE SIX
Kevin Hart reportedly suffers ‘major back injuries’ in car crash
By Kate Sheehy

September 1, 2019 | 3:40pm

Kevin Hart
Kevin Hart
Getty Images
Actor Kevin Hart suffered “major back injuries” in a car crash in Los Angeles early Sunday, reports said.

The 40-year-old comedian was in one of his beloved classic cars — an electric blue 1970 Plymouth Barracuda he dubbed “Menace” — when it veered off winding Mulholland Highway in Malibu Hills, crashed through a wooden fence and plunged down a gully around 1 a.m., TMZ said.

The impact crushed the roof of the vehicle, which Hart bought in July as a birthday present to himself.

Hart’s friend, Jared Black, 28, was behind the wheel at the time of the crash, according to Radar Online.

Hours earlier, Hart posted Instagram video of himself sitting in the car as someone yelled at him in the background that he had been burning too much rubber in it, TMZ said.

Also in the car at the time of the accident was Rebecca Broxterman, 31, Hart and his wife’s personal trainer, Radar said.

Black was turning when he “immediately lost control of the vehicle, and the Plymouth left the road and rolled over down the northern embankment,’’ the site said, quoting cops.

“Two of the three occupants were trapped in the vehicle. The remaining occupant and owner of the vehicle left the scene to his nearby residence to get medical attention.’’

A member of Hart’s security team came to get him, TMZ said.

Meanwhile, “the driver was located in the driver’s seat of the vehicle and determined not to be under the influence of alcohol at the time of the collision,’’ police said.

“Hart and Black sustained major back injuries as a result of this and were transported and treated at nearby hospitals.’’

Broxterman declined treatment, police said.

A few weeks ago, after Hart purchased the hot-rod vehicle, he posed next to it in a photo posted to his Instagram account in which he flexed his right arm and wrote, “I added some more muscle to the family for my 40th….welcome home ‘Menace’ #MuscleCarLover.”

Hart is known for his love of classic rides. In December, he bought some muscle cars for his comedy buddies after their “Irresponsible’’ tour.

Last edited:
Your car was still at the scene how the rest of it play out
Car was totalled

Cops went to my moms crib looking for me. The cops know... So they was tryn use her to find me.

I went to my crib and laid low till AM. Thats when i called a lawyer and car insurance company.

Lawyer said i could report it stolen and cops cant do shit really or take the charge for leaving accident. But there was no way i could be charged with drunk driving since i left.

I didnt wanna report stolen and deal with cops even more so i called Gieco and said i hit a pole swerving away from a deer and walked home since it was late and i lived nearby. It was real easy.

Had to eventually go court and pay a fine for a moving violation or somethin. It was nuthin, peanuts.

Back