Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kevin Hart Blasts Proponents of Cancel Culture: ‘Shut the F*ck Up!’

Comedian Kevin Hart slammed “cancel culture” in a weekend interview with the British Sunday Times, saying he had personally been “canceled” on “three or four” occasions.

“I personally don’t give a sh*t about it,” he said in reference to cancel culture. “If somebody has done something truly damaging then, absolutely, a consequence should be attached. But when you just talk about … nonsense?” When you’re talking, ‘Someone said! They need to be taken [down]!’ Shut the f*ck up! What are you talking about?”

The 41-year-old Hart rose to fame with his 2009 comedy special, I’m a Grown Little Man. He later began acting, and has since appeared in more than 60 films. His latest stand-up routine, Zero F**ks Given, briefly attracted attention last year from culture warriors aggrieved by a line in which Hart asserted his daughter engaged in “hoe-like activity,” which The Daily Mail described as “belittling [to] Black women as a whole.” However, the controversy quickly subsided after Hart dismissed the criticism as a “false narrative.” The skit has racked up more than 21 million views on Netflix to date.

“When did we get to a point where life was supposed to be perfect?” Hart said. “Where people were supposed to operate perfectly all the time? I don’t understand. I don’t expect perfection from my kids. I don’t expect it from my wife, friends, employees. Because, last I checked, the only way you grow up is from f*cking up. I don’t know a kid who hasn’t f*cked up or done some dumb shit.”

“I’ve been cancelled, what, three or four times?” he added. “Never bothered. If you allow it to have an effect on you, it will. Personally? That’s not how I operate. I understand people are human. Everyone can change. It’s like jail. People get locked up so they can be taught a lesson. When they get out, they are supposed to be better. But if they come out and people go, ‘I’m not giving you a job because you were in jail’ — then what the f*ck did I go to jail for? That was my punishment — how do you not give those people a shot? They’re saying that all life should be over because of a mistake? Your life should end and there should be no opportunity to change? What are you talking about? And who are you to make that decision?”

He also argued that comedy has suffered because of the issue. “You’re thinking that things you say will come back and bite you on the ass,” Hart said. “I can’t be the comic today that I was when I got into this.”

This the same kevin hart that jump on reddit and bought his ticket on the cancel joe budden bandwagon as soon as it started steaming?

He touched on this b4 on his PCB show.

Bruh got too many sponsors to say he don't give af. Even his homeboys called him out on it. Lol.

Anytime they get on social topics...he chooses his words carefully. He truly wants to have the same mindframe and attitude as Dave Chappelle. Now Dave TRULY gives no fuccs. And it hasn't hurt him at all.

Kevin wants to be like that...but he's in business wit too many companies. He ain't tryin to fucc up his money.

Last edited:
Did Kevin Hart ever say anything similar to canceling Joe Budden?

He didn't outright but he jumped in and used his platform to get his shit off while other people were actively trying to get him outta here.

You mean like how he did Kevin Hart? And Nicki Minaj? And Charlamagne?

Kinda seems like when he does it to others, "the gig is the gig". But when it's done to him: "smear campaign/Conspiracy/painting narratives"

If you say so. Silly debate.

He touched on this b4 on his PCB show.

Bruh got too many sponsors to say he don't give af. Even his homeboys called him out on it. Lol.

Anytime they get on social topics...he chooses his words carefully. He truly wants to have the same mindframe and attitude as Dave Chappelle. Now Dave TRULY gives no fuccs. And it hasn't hurt him at all.

Kevin wants to be like that...but he's in business wit too many companies. He ain't tryin to fucc up his money.

exactly.

The hate is get is lame as fuck. He styling on niggas that don’t know what the fuck they be talking about.

Gotta agree wit this.

His continued success Kinda debunks the hate. Apparently there's a LOT of mofos who do find him funny in some form or fashion. Either thru comedy or other projects. He's got the support.

Now wit his stand up...even he admits he got nothing right now. Straight azzz. Lol

Gotta agree wit this.

His continued success Kinda debunks the hate. Apparently there's a LOT of mofos who do find him funny in some form or fashion. Either thru comedy or other projects. He's got the support.

Now wit his stand up...even he admits he got nothing right now. Straight azzz. Lol

blah blah blah he sucks.

Back