Welcome To aBlackWeb

This shit alright the comedy ain't hitting and like some folks said in here previously, Jonah Hill/Lauren London as a couple just not believable. Also this film needs at least 30 mins removed from it.

Partially Pleasing People

PRAISE: The cast definitely uplifts this movie about A new couple and their families reckon with modern love amid culture clashes, societal expectations and generational differences.
I really enjoyed parts of the story particularly about the subject matter it focuses on the clash between cultures and different religions in fact I wanted more of that. I've always found it interesting when people of different faiths and upbringings get together. How will it work? How religious are you? Where are your true boundaries? All of the aforementioned is spoken of in this movie. I even enjoyed the awkward,tone death moments the different characters found themselves in. I thought Jonah Hill and Lauren London had good chemistry which was a nice surprise and their courtship in the film definitely helped.
Eddie Murphy was good as a soon as you see him you know he's going to have a problem with the union between his daughter Amira (London) and Ezra (Hill) by the way he is first presented in the film as a man who chafes against change. As Ezra’s parents, Shelley (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) and Arnold (David Duchovny) did a good job.I did like the drop in moments from some actors and im ashamed to say i thought a couple of them had passed away. Half of the humor worked for me it was stinging and salty. I appreciated the film not going into full slapstick mode.

PROBLEMS: The script by Hill and Kenya Barris is definitely overdone at times and lacks tonal balance. Some things are touched on about race and being fascinated with black culture but veering off from fully understanding it and I wish the movie had explored that more but of course there is a rush to get to the movies ultra predictable ending. The cuts to the film are kind of off putting as if I was watching a sitcom and it's like hey the commercial break is over.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

Sidebar:
In spite of all else, this movie did give me naturally curvy Lauren London.

I love a pretty ass woman with a REGULAR shape and some healthy weight.

Last edited:
Watched most of it with the wife.

5.5/10. There was ZERO chemistry between Hill and London. I didn't even believe they were in a relationship, let alone engaged.

I hadn't seen her in anything in years

I'm out of touch because a lot of the jokes in the beginning just didn't work for me. Didn't laugh much until middle to end when Epps came in

It was meh overall IMO

Sidebar:

This literally the only thing I had to add

Watched some of a clip on Netflix and thought...damn Lauren looks good

Sidebar:

The weight came from depression but ima let u get ya shit off. She realized she was getting washed and snapped back tho.

Back