Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kendrick Wins Pulitzer Prize For DAMN.

Not every album can win a Pulitzer and you know whomever decides the recipient is not as into hip hop as we.

Instead of being mad that other more deserving albums didn't win, just be glad some of this new bullshit didn't win.
Mad no one is mad.. this is not a culturally impactful album it is a DAMN good album #bars but its not a magnum opus level album.. not m any rappers can have that sort of designation anyhow... even thought its arbitrary we know what albums are socially/cultural giants.. this wasnt that it was a popular eagerly anticipated great album but an artist whos popularity is through the roof popularity should NOT be a factor it doesnt seem to ever be in regards to things of this nature .. but here we are

Last edited:
Mad no one is mad.. this is not a culturally impactful album it is a DAMN good album #bars but its not a magnum opus level album.. not m any rappers can have that sort of designation anyhow... even thought its arbitrary we know what albums are socially/cultural giants.. this wasnt that it was a popular eagerly anticipated great album but an artist whos popularity is through the roof popularity should be a factor it doesnt seem to ever be in regards to things of this nature .. but here we are
So instead of mad, let me rephrase that to being critical.

we already listened to it backwards im bout to peep this shit upside down now

I got a CNN alert about this. I couldn’t believe he won this but even more I couldn’t believe I got that alert for him winning. Lol.

not trying to downplay the significance of winning a Pilitzer, whatever that may be, but i just can’t help but to group it with other awards like the grammys, oscars, etc.
Why do we care for what outsiders think of our art?

I see people still catch feelings when their favorites don’t win. I used to be one them before stepping back realizing i don’t need their validation. i like what i like, support what i like, and leave it at that

I hear you bro but are there any "black" awards/accolades ceremonies?

like who or what would you be impressed with him getting the praises of instead?

are you saying there should be something separate created?

ftr: i dont really care about awards or any of that shit its all subjective and there's too much talent out there

Jay-Z is the most Grammy award nominated rapper in history even though he boycotted it way back but you think he don't care about them statuettes he's received?

Don't get me started on Jay-Z.. He rapped about his Grammy's plenty of times before. Just last year "21 Grammys I'm a savage" on DJ Khaled single

I see people saying Kendricks the first rapper to get this, he's the first pop act period to get this shit. I don't think people are realizing the magnitude of that shit.

Back