Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kanye makes history with first-ever digital-only platinum album

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
960.jpg

The Life of Pablo
, released in February of last year, has been streamed over 3 billion times worldwide, and has just hit 1.5 billion streams in the US — making it the first album to be RIAA-certified platinum from streaming alone. The album was also available for sale on West’s website, but downloads contributed only 0.7 percent of its first-week units, according to Billboard and TLOP meets the “platinum” condition without those numbers.

The certification was first reported by Pitchfork, and confirmed to The Verge in an email from Kanye West’s management.

The Life of Pablo continues to make history for streaming, though its tiny number of actual album sales disqualified it from some records that Chance the Rapper’s May 2016 release Coloring Book then snatched up — like the first streaming-only album to chart in the Billboard Top 200 and the first streaming-only album to be nominated for or win a Grammy.

another meh project from him

should've taken like 7 of these songs and mixed them with a joint here and there from his previous two offerings

coulda had a classic on his hands

xd8000.gif

He sold physicals on his website so it doesn't count

The 2nd half of yeezus has bangers on it, I'll take hold my liquor and bound 2 over any of the bs on Pablo.

Ultralight Beam
30hrs
FML
No More Parties In LA
Saint Pablo
Wolves (the final version)
Real Friends

Even songs track werent all that lyrically had amazing production

Father Stretch My Hands 1 & 2
Highlights
Famous

Solid album got alot of hate because Kanye was acting a fool and overhyped it on his own.

when people know you more for ya antics over ya music, its time to sit on the bench for a while

another meh project from him

should've taken like 7 of these songs and mixed them with a joint here and there from his previous two offerings

coulda had a classic on his hands

I was so fucking hype for the album after hearing Real Friends and Parties in LA. I thought we were going to get the Kanye we all loved from the beginning.

I dont know if it was always his intention, but i know he changed up the album multiple times at the last minute then released it. I wonder if there was a version that had more songs like the 2 singles.

I was so fucking hype for the album after hearing Real Friends and Parties in LA. I thought we were going to get the Kanye we all loved from the beginning.

I dont know if it was always his intention, but i know he changed up the album multiple times at the last minute then released it. I wonder if there was a version that had more songs like the 2 singles.
THIS THIS THIS

this is my biggest gripe

think back to back in the day when you read an article about an album that came out maybe a decade before it. You were amazed at the process and the decisions that went into finally producing the album that was released to us

Kanye kept putting out track lists on twitter and shit and really not letting anticipation build up. Everybody knew what the deal was and then he kept remixing/remastering songs once the album actually dropped. Like how you do that?

Back