Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kamala Harris running for President in 2020

i think the bulls got a steal at no. 3

that Jordan kid might be something special

You need to win the popular vote in the states where the electoral college resides tho. Clinton won the overall popular vote by 2.1% but Trump won the popular vote in more states than she did.

And I agree but nobody seems to be putting in the effort to with the exception of a few names. Like Killer Mike even said it has to start on a local level and then work itself up. Most niggas don't even know who is in charge of the regional offices in their own hoods and many don't care to know unfortunately.

Here's a map with the election results
20190130_144021.jpg

Here's a 2016 census map by race/ethnicity

ethrel2.png

Now check the key states

Screenshot_20190130-200546_Chrome.jpg

See the problem now? Notice the "flipped states". How were we supposed to beat that?

You need to win the popular vote in the states where the electoral college resides tho. Clinton won the overall popular vote by 2.1% but Trump won the popular vote in more states than she did.

And I agree but nobody seems to be putting in the effort to with the exception of a few names. Like Killer Mike even said it has to start on a local level and then work itself up. Most niggas don't even know who is in charge of the regional offices in their own hoods and many don't care to know unfortunately.

Dude this was 2016 and I already stated Hillary didn't campaign in those key states Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida and Michigan (along with others) and those states with the exception of Florida ethered Clinton publicly weeks before and after. Barack Obama also criticised Hillary for not campaigning and also trusting the polls too much despite them showing they were still close. After the election those electoral leaders furthered kicked Hillary down by going on TV and saying they were disgusted Hillary ignored them and expected their vote. Even the margins she won by were neck and neck. She got the popular vote by only 2.1% in a period that had the lowest voter turn out in 20 years. Whereas Trump won more states thus winning more electoral votes as well. He also got some 93% of the Republican electoral votes. The remainder didn't vote while an even smaller portion chose different parties.

She ran a shitty campaign. Just because the electoral votes didn't move in your favor doesn't mean it's an excuse not to vote. Again if that's your stance fine but then you're a part of the problem and become the victim of a political party that seeks to use you rather than benefit you. Again I don't care anymore because I'm just reiterating myself. If Trump gets a second term YOU have to live with it and the consequences it'll have on your children 10+ years down the road.

Nigga! You keep assuming ppl aint voting! I voted, shit. But in the end you still double down on some well if yall jist vote shit, when you clearly can see we dont have the fucking numbers. All them crackas and then throw in the wanna be white asians, hispanics etc.

Aint nobdy playing victim, you just trying to over simplify shit. Its a lot more than hilary running a shitty campaign. Please explain to me how do we win key states where we are outnumbered heavily by maga supporters both white and other minorites. Answer me that.

I've talked some folks who thought it was bout 1 BILLION people in the USA lol

I've bout givin up hope

Don't know much about her yet.

Seems black people will be divided on multiple levels either wanting tangibles, just wanting Trump out of office, or wanting Trump in office. Kamala could easily gain favor with the sides in her favor by heeding the black community on both fronts. Not doing so will likely cost her votes, a crucial thing when Trumps base is able to go in full force.

We'll see.

You can only do your part and I commend that. It still falls on the candidate. Yo I'm not assuming nobody voted but I was reacting to the way people were talking like they don't want to vote. Same attitude I got in 2016 was nobody wanted to vote for Hillary or Trump. Trump straight up said he and Hillary are terrible and that if you're not gonna vote for him don't vote at all. And to my surprise there were people who fell for it.

My dude with all due respect I've already repeated myself numerous times throughout the thread. Just because they don't move in your favor once don't mean they can't in the future under a better candidate.

No disrespect but all that "I keep repeating myself" sutff....well yeah because you can't refute anything I've said so you double down on your misunderstanding. Just you keep saying it don't mean that you right.

It's all good tho.

Stop being catty

You're just mad I know your own political system and economy better than you and I'm not from there.

Feel it in ya chest AP go head get mad nigga !!!

im not gonna even dignify this with a response

good day sir

Until black people willing to buy politicians like everyone else. Shit is just a waste of fucking time. We will be pandered to for votes and after the election is over we will continue to get absolutely nothing from the people that we helped elect.

Major Democratic donor hosts Sen. Kamala Harris in the Hamptons as speculation mounts about her political future
Speculation over California Sen. Kamala Harris’ political ambitions was stoked over the weekend by her appearance at the Hamptons home of major Democratic donor Michael Kempner, a top bundler for former President Obama and bankroller for liberal causes across the country.

“So great hosting Senator Kamala Harris @kamalaharris at our Hamptons summer home today,” he wrote in a private Instagram post that featured a picture of Harris, her husband, Douglas Emhoff, and Kempner and his wife, Jacqueline. “She’s a star!”

Kendall Glazer, granddaughter of billionaire Malcolm Glazer, the late owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football team and the Manchester United soccer team, replied, “Yes she is!!”

Harris’ appearance at the Hamptons event comes as rumors swirl that she is pondering a 2020 presidential run. Harris and her team have tamped down on talk of her future, arguing that she is focused on her new Senate job that she was elected to in November.

But notable events in recent months, including her speech at the women’s march on the day following President Trump’s inauguration in January and repeated interruptions by male colleagues during Senate hearings earlier this year, have thrust Harris into the spotlight.

And the former California attorney general’s visit with Kempner is sure to add fuel to such speculation. Kempner has been a top fundraiser for Obama, Hillary Clinton, the Democratic National Committee, Senate and congressional candidates, and state parties and politicians across the country.

He was among Obama’s top bundlers, raising more than $4.5 million for the former president’s campaigns and aligned Democratic efforts between 2007 and September 2012, according to the New York Times.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/es...tic-donor-hosts-sen-1500883450-htmlstory.html

I feel you we either cheat like everybody else or reject the current system

Im really trying not to jump to conclusions but I wonder if she took any measure to try and understand the reason for the truancy problem in the first place.

And I need to check her stance on gun control. I dont like what I am seeing so far

But cot damn man, trump is the alternative. It will be hard for the dems to present a worse candidate than that asshole. 2020 looking spooky

Dems lost first time they gonna lose again too

Catch 22. You can't tell human nature to not get into trouble. You can do what you can to help those in prison and create programs to rehabilitate them which is her approach. Also prisons in America are often overcrowded and the treatment of inmates is terrible. You work with what you can. This woman was an attorney general tho, of course she's gonna be tough on crime.

Cant be tough on crime and be for prison reform

Back