Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kamala Harris running for President in 2020

you only needed someone slightly more likable and more responsible to campaign in the right states than Hillary to keep trump out of office.

Now that Trump is gonna be running for a second term, its gonna be much harder to beat him than 2016. He has media on him 24/7. I heard on a podcast that he runs not to win, but to make his enemy lose. you better find a likable ass candidate that can withstand the blows Trump is gonna deal. I love Warren, but shes gonna fold. Biden might put up a fight but hes fucking 80. Same with Bernie. I like Kamala, she definitely has the momentum right now, but shes never faced someone like Trump. The prosecutor background might actually help her and make her come out tougher than Trump though. Who knows.

My issue is that im not sure that I want a young, minority progressive candidate to run. I dont want a bright future to have the stain of losing to trump. Notice that when going against an incumbent Pres, the other party alwaus rolls out an old guy at the tail end of his career. Romney, Kerry, Dole, Mondale. (exception is Clinton but Bush Sr was a wounded animal already, plus Perot was splitting the GOP vote). Maybe we should run a Biden or a Bernie and if they lose, at least a promising Harris or Beto isnt tainted. Al Franken wouldve honestly been perfect against Trump, or even someone like Jerry Brown if he wasnt a 100 yrs old.

Last edited:
this is a problem in itself

too much party affiliation

why is it JUST those two? Thats the bigger issue here

Yeah, it seems like she's the one who's been "anointed" by the DNC.

Looks like they haven't learned anything from the last election.

This is them trying to push Hillary all over again.

I'd vote for AOC before I voted for her, but Cortez doesn't meet the age requirement to be President.

Trump lost the popular vote...people did vote

he won the electoral college

c'mon Sion fam

All true, but we can't start shitting on the Electoral college just because it didn't work in our favor this time.

Clinton won the overall popular vote, but Trump won the Electoral College because he won the popular vote in more states than she did.

She’s a terrible candidate. She does not appeal to black people in any way. First of all, she hasn’t put forth any tangible things she’s going to do for black people. Black people are smarter now than they were 10 years ago, they’re not going to fall for the same benign neglect that Obama and other politicians use in order to pacify black people. Secondly, her record of locking up black folks for frivolous things can work against her not to mention she’s done things to undermine black people in California. Thirdly she’s never identified as black, but now that she’s running she’s blackening it up in order to pander for votes. Lastly she has a white husband. The democrats are literally begging to lose if they trot her garbage ass out there next year.

If Kamala loses to Trump that'd be the end of her career imo. It might be worth the chance for her to wait him out and then run.

I also think Kamala should have remained quiet and waited to run until she had the financial resources ready. But hey maybe she does I don't know.

oh its the end of any career by losing to Trump. She might stay as a senator or get piked for a cabinet like Kerry did, but she'll never be president. Thats why all the Hillary running again stories are horseshit. Shes too proud for that. Shell be content watching the country go down in flames and knowing that she warned us.

But kamala had to announce. Everyone else is. You gotta have that momentum early.

Im really curious to see if Beto or Biden announce.

I disagree, when have black people ever funded their own candidate. Killer Mike spoke on this too that if rich niggas not gonna vote they should invest in someone who can shift things for them in their communities.

Asian people do it, Indian people do it. Jewish people do it. Spanish people do it. It's time black people do too.

who funded jessie Jackson? It sure as hell wasnt white people.

Game's rigged though.

Those tactics won't work for us because of white supremacy.
It’s worth a shot. Any politician you see like Kamala Harris has already been bought and paid for and if elected they’ll be beholden to whoever funded them to get them to this point. And black people didn’t put them there so they’re not obligated to do anything for black people.

main-qimg-d08d68ff93e4cf970bea0a64aebb003c.webp

I disagree, when have black people ever funded their own candidate. Killer Mike spoke on this too that if rich niggas not gonna vote they should invest in someone who can shift things for them in their communities.

Asian people do it, Indian people do it. Jewish people do it. Spanish people do it. It's time black people do too.

Problem is, money doesn't always equal influence.

What you're saying might work for local elections, but not the Presidency.

Most of the people who have the kind of money and influence to push someone on a National level are not people of color.

I'm just now seeing this and......
I-

This ain't it chief. I'm all for keeping kids in school and maybe, on a good day, I can see this being the only immediate change she saw she could make....but the problem is deeper than just showing up to class or not. How is the school system in SF? Are we forcing kids back into fucked up schools with overcrowded classrooms and overworked teachers? Cuz if that's the case, that's not bettering the situation.

Simple because of shit like this:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2016/11/11/politics/popular-vote-turnout-2016/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

2016 had the lowest voter turnout in 20 years.

The 2016 elections is a bit more complex than the popular vote. Hillary partly lost because she didn't campaign for the votes of the electoral colleges as she literally skipped key states (Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin,Georgia). Which Michigan and Obama publicly attacked her for. She also undermined the Republican party's support.

Again all I am saying is don't sit idle this time around and chalk it up as "well fuck America voting is wack". By allowing Trump to stay in office you can't complain if he gets a second term and you chose not to vote.
you still proving my point tho

why do damn near all elections come down to the same few states each election?

Until black people willing to buy politicians like everyone else. Shit is just a waste of fucking time. We will be pandered to for votes and after the election is over we will continue to get absolutely nothing from the people that we helped elect.

Major Democratic donor hosts Sen. Kamala Harris in the Hamptons as speculation mounts about her political future
Speculation over California Sen. Kamala Harris’ political ambitions was stoked over the weekend by her appearance at the Hamptons home of major Democratic donor Michael Kempner, a top bundler for former President Obama and bankroller for liberal causes across the country.

“So great hosting Senator Kamala Harris @kamalaharris at our Hamptons summer home today,” he wrote in a private Instagram post that featured a picture of Harris, her husband, Douglas Emhoff, and Kempner and his wife, Jacqueline. “She’s a star!”

Kendall Glazer, granddaughter of billionaire Malcolm Glazer, the late owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football team and the Manchester United soccer team, replied, “Yes she is!!”

Harris’ appearance at the Hamptons event comes as rumors swirl that she is pondering a 2020 presidential run. Harris and her team have tamped down on talk of her future, arguing that she is focused on her new Senate job that she was elected to in November.

But notable events in recent months, including her speech at the women’s march on the day following President Trump’s inauguration in January and repeated interruptions by male colleagues during Senate hearings earlier this year, have thrust Harris into the spotlight.

And the former California attorney general’s visit with Kempner is sure to add fuel to such speculation. Kempner has been a top fundraiser for Obama, Hillary Clinton, the Democratic National Committee, Senate and congressional candidates, and state parties and politicians across the country.

He was among Obama’s top bundlers, raising more than $4.5 million for the former president’s campaigns and aligned Democratic efforts between 2007 and September 2012, according to the New York Times.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/es...tic-donor-hosts-sen-1500883450-htmlstory.html

Posting again just cause niggas acting like this wasn't posted the first page of this thread.

And it's going to get even worse as far as racism is concerned with Trump putting KKK members into prominent positions of government.

I am not telling yall who to vote for. All I'm saying is that you should exercise your right to vote this time around and get Trump out of office or your children are the ones who are going to feel it in the worst way.

Not everyone got it like you and I where if we don't like a place we can simply pack up and move to a different country. Niggas need to create political factions in their communities and invest in their communities. Even if it's something as simple as volunteering, that's partly how electoral colleges start out.

I hear what you saying. But again, the majority didnt put his ass in there to begin with. What ppl keep missing is the fact that the electoral votes skew the outcome as it was designed to do. The only way to change that is to do away with it, or change the demographics in those maga lands with the high electoral power. Thats a problem.

Like I said before, we should be at least looking to propose our own candidate who will do wtf we need and make sure they do it or withdraw our dollars. We need to reject their chosen ones. They will keep feeding us black faces with white agendas.

I hear what you saying. But again, the majority didnt put his ass in there to begin with. What ppl keep missing is the fact that the electoral votes skew the outcome as it was designed to do. The only way to change that is to do away with it, or change the demographics in those maga lands with the high electoral power. Thats a problem.

Like I said before, we should be at least looking to propose our own candidate who will do wtf we need and make sure they do it or withdraw our dollars. We need to reject their chosen ones. They will keep feeding us black faces with white agendas.

Nothing but the truth.

Back