Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kamala Harris running for President in 2020

wym by your first statement
We want things done or us .. that is pandering and a since what will you do for me.. its not wrong...

and those wild goofy things that people do to try to connect is not even on the radar.. because if someone eating chicken and waffles moves you to support you area jackass..
also people who says such and such is pandering sometimes has a "racialized" component to it.. as if one is not black enough... how can you "pander" to your own people.

We want things done or us .. that is pandering and a since what will you do for me.. its not wrong...

and those wild goofy things that people do to try to connect is not even on the radar.. because if someone eating chicken and waffles moves you to support you area jackass..
also people who says such and such is pandering sometimes has a "racialized" component to it.. as if one is not black enough... how can you "pander" to your own people.

@Knock_Twice

Yeah......I'm bool on politics for a minute

Im really trying not to jump to conclusions but I wonder if she took any measure to try and understand the reason for the truancy problem in the first place.

And I need to check her stance on gun control. I dont like what I am seeing so far

But cot damn man, trump is the alternative. It will be hard for the dems to present a worse candidate than that asshole. 2020 looking spooky

*sighs* Americans maaaaaaaannnnnnn. Reading the responses I'm not surprised Trump is in office. There is a good chance Trump can win a second term unless yall vote his ass out of office by choosing better candidates like Tulsi Gubbard, Joe Biden or Kamala Harris.

For those who don't know anything and refuse to google search: she is renowned for helping to secure funding to bailout smaller community and mid sized banks on the west coast during the financial crisis where personal households had assets tied too and could have been wiped out. She also pushed for and got stiffer penalties imposed on those who commit white collar crimes and financial fraud especially Linked to the mortgage crisis.

Regarding prison reform she fought to have prison wages increased and better treatment of inmates in prison but refused to sign any bills pertaining to transgender inmates requesting transfers and prison litigation cases.

Kamala is also responsible for having backpages shut down and the CEO prosecuted.

she should be fighting to keep people out of jail, not give them raises for slave labor

In short Kamala is tough on crime, wants prison reform, easier immigration policy, higher taxes to create more programs and more programs for education. It appears She's looking to build on the foundations of the American economy.

She hasn't drafted any policy for what she wants for the economy but that'll prolly come closer to when she actually runs. And btw she is of Indian and Jamaican descent.
you way off base here fam

you came in here acting like you was dropping hot fire, but all you doing is spewing fallacies about why she would make a good cadidtate

tough on crime? for who?

raising the wages in jail not reforming prison

Catch 22. You can't tell human nature to not get into trouble. You can do what you can to help those in prison and create programs to rehabilitate them which is her approach. Also prisons in America are often overcrowded and the treatment of inmates is terrible. You work with what you can. This woman was an attorney general tho, of course she's gonna be tough on crime.
i dont think you fully grasp the meaning of the words you just typed

why are prisons overcrowded in the first place? Forget working with what you can. You KNOW what it is when you apply for an AD position. Get in there and make change.

I'm just posting what she stands for so far based on her history and what she's saying.

It's a lot more detailed than what I'm saying I'm just posting the generalities. You too can look up Kamala and see what she stands for and if she'd make a great candidate for America.

You niggas have a choice,Trump or someone else. It's not hard. Trumps lowering taxes and increasing the wealth gap enormously. He's not funding education, he's harsh on immigration, racist to the core and is employing members of the KKK into prominent positions of government.
this is a problem in itself

too much party affiliation

why is it JUST those two? Thats the bigger issue here

Well AP it's on you man. People didn't want to vote this year and Trump got in. Trump has a very high likelihood of winning a second term this year if people decide not to do anything this year as well. On the Democrats side you have Harris, Biden and Hubbard. It's not hard but I won't be surprised at all of Trump gets a second term.

People need to think longer term, the longer Trump stays in office the more difficult it's gonna be to change the things he's implemented already. Which is gonna have even greater consequences to Americans especially your generation and the one coming in.

I'm not American so I don't have to worry about shit but for a world superpower everyone is watching.

Trump lost the popular vote...people did vote

he won the electoral college

c'mon Sion fam

Whats her stance on weed tho?

giphy.webp

I love when foreigners try to say who we should vote for as if our president is determined by popular votes and not the archaic (and rigged) electoral college system.

"Hey all yall gotta do is vote for xyz and yall good". Well its a little more complicated, a lot more racist than that.

We really focused on the wrong shit. We keep settling for whatever candidates are presented to us when we should be presenting our own thats going to do FOR US as a black community or at the very least develop the political power to influence those in power already.

Im about worn out on this whole system and may decide down the road to relocate out the country.

Yes but you still need to have influence in the electoral college to convince those delegates.

And if we're talking about the popular vote Hillary won by a margin of 2.1%. All I am saying in short is that if you are not going to vote you are part of the problem and have no right to be mad if Trump gets his second term.

Remember AP I don't have to do 4 more years under Trump you do. We can go back and forth it doesn't make a difference to me for obvious reasons.
You don't know how the electoral college works do you

I'm being sincere in my question

Your explanation leads me to believe you don't

And it's going to get even worse as far as racism is concerned with Trump putting KKK members into prominent positions of government.

I am not telling yall who to vote for. All I'm saying is that you should exercise your right to vote this time around and get Trump out of office or your children are the ones who are going to feel it in the worst way.

Not everyone got it like you and I where if we don't like a place we can simply pack up and move to a different country. Niggas need to create political factions in their communities and invest in their communities. Even if it's something as simple as volunteering, that's partly how electoral colleges start out.
Why are you making assumptions people aren't voting?

Again, Hillary won the popular vote. People came out to the polls. She lost the states that for some stupid reason always determine the election which is why they are often called the battleground states. They have a bunch of electoral college votes

sad shit is... folks are gonna dig their heels in on whichever one of the many Democrat candidates that run.. and if their pick doesn't get the nomination.. a lotta folks are just gonna sit this thing out...or write someone in.. or vote third party... just like last time... and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Trump gets a second term

Back