Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kaepernick Continues to Love Being a Martyr

Bow to Royalty

Just facts
Kaepernick probably burned his last bridges with the NFL with his workout in November. Then he went WAAAY to high on his XFL salary to make sure he priced himself out of a job. I read he was asking for $20 million, which is more than the NFL would probably give him. Do y'all still believe he really wants to play football? Or do you think he's embracing the martyr role?

For the actual kneeling and all the mess that came with it in 2016 I was with him. I still think that was genuine. This past year or so tho I don’t feel too bad for him. He got his settlement from the NFL & he’s profited off his activism thanks to Nike. He’s still doing good for the community but as far as his playing career... he’s at the point where he knows he’s never playing in the league again .For his image he has to continue playing the “they won’t give me a chance” game. At this point I’m just tired of his name being brought up as far as him playing.

i wouldnt play for the nfl now way. kaep just needs to focus on community work and helping the ppl. his legacy is stamped

That's fair, but he won't say that. He'll just say he loves the game of football, he's staying in shape, and he's ready to play. He pushed the NFL away, then says they don't want him. Then he pushes any other league away too. If he said he's retiring from the game of football and focusing on ________ now, I'd look at him differently.

For the actual kneeling and all the mess that came with it in 2016 I was with him. I still think that was genuine. This past year or so tho I don’t feel too bad for him. He got his settlement from the NFL & he’s profited off his activism thanks to Nike. He’s still doing good for the community but as far as his playing career... he’s at the point where he knows he’s never playing in the league again .For his image he has to continue playing the “they won’t give me a chance” game. At this point I’m just tired of his name being brought up as far as him playing.

I agree with all this. His name would stop being brought up if he said he's done with football. But like you said he's playing the martyr role for his image.

That's fair, but he won't say that. He'll just say he loves the game of football, he's staying in shape, and he's ready to play. He pushed the NFL away, then says they don't want him. Then he pushes any other league away too. If he said he's retiring from the game of football and focusing on ________ now, I'd look at him differently.

technically the nfl gave him their ass to kiss. i mean they blackballed him and had 0 intention of rehiring him. granted, i think they wouldve if he wasnt so outspoken.

fact is kaep isnt docile and isnt going to toe the line.

the good ole boys club aint having that.

She's an Egyptian that.
It was because of her this whole shit even started if we being real.
It was her who disrupted the locker room.

lol yea. Didnt Aldon Smith wanna fight Kaep at 49ers facility cuz he found out Kaep was smashin

I'm sure a couple of owners wanted to sign him, but was too pussy to do so.

Muthafuccas throw their weight when they want to remind folks they own the team. But turn bitch made on signing Kap, and wanna hide behind that funky azzz president. Foh.

Just like them GOP senators...pussies.

I'm sure a couple of owners wanted to sign him, but was too pussy to do so.

Muthafuccas throw their weight when they want to remind folks they own the team. But turn bitch made on signing Kap, and wanna hide behind that funky azzz president. Foh.

Just like them GOP senators...pussies.
would you hire someone who sues your company then
lol yea. Didnt Aldon Smith wanna fight Kaep at 49ers facility cuz he found out Kaep was smashin

Kaepernick probably burned his last bridges with the NFL with his workout in November. Then he went WAAAY to high on his XFL salary to make sure he priced himself out of a job. I read he was asking for $20 million, which is more than the NFL would probably give him. Do y'all still believe he really wants to play football? Or do you think he's embracing the martyr role?

So you're knocking Kap for knowing his worth.. If he would sign with them he would generate that much money to justify his salary.. With all the attention he would bring to that league.. His jersey would actually sell and because that maybe the XFL would actually get an official equipment sponsor.. So that sponsor could get a cut of Kap’s merchandise sales...

It was reported last year that Kaepernick wanted $20 million from the now-defunct AAF and from the XFL. That’s $2 million per game, which is what top NFL quarterbacks make on a 16-game season.

While that’s a lot, the question becomes whether the XFL would make more than $20 million by having Kaepernick on the roster. Apart from the simple dollars-in, dollars-out analysis that would be driven by tickets and jerseys and other merchandise, the publicity that the league would generate with Kaepernick on a roster has value, too. As argued last year, Kaepernick ultimately would be worth the $20 million to a football league looking to maximize revenue and interest.

To be interested in playing in the XFL, Kaepernick would have to be willing to abandon his anthem protests, since the XFL (unlike the NFL) requires all players to stand for the anthem. But there’s no reason to think it will ever get to that point; the XFL is being careful when it comes to money spent — which means it won’t be spending significant money on available professional players like Kaepernick or college players like Trevor Lawrence, who for the right price surely would have considered giving up playing football for free for another year while he awaits eligibility for the NFL draft.

So you're knocking Kap for knowing his worth.. If he would sign with them he would generate that much money to justify his salary.. With all the attention he would bring to that league.. His jersey would actually sale and because that maybe the XFL would actually get an official equipment sponsor.. So that sponsor could get a cut of Kap’s merchandise sales...

You're worth what someone will pay you. NFL, XFL, CFL...who's giving him $20 mil/year? And he's asking for more money than an entire roster. If you're valuing yourself out of finding any employment, you're over valuing yourself.

She's an Egyptian that.
It was because of her this whole shit even started if we being real.
It was her who disrupted the locker room.

I talked to Nessa at some Hot 97 event a couple a years ago.. She Black & arabic.. But I really don’t know why that really matters.. Because she speaks out more about social justice than a lot full blooded Black Queens do.. The fact she’s willing to speak on those issues is what should matter.. Not that she’s only half black...

Back