Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kaepernick Continues to Love Being a Martyr

I see and understand your point if view fam

its hard for us on the outside of Colin’s camp to really know if he truly wants to play

however...even if he doesnt... his actions are continually putting pressure on the NFL.

and im ok with that

I hear you, and that was my original question. Does he really want to play or is he embracing his role as a martyr? If he's chosen to prioritize calling out owners, and shining a light on what was done to him, he's chosen to embrace being a martyr. I have no problem with that choice... Im just saying acknowledge that's the direction you're going.

I didnt see the thread in Feb
:Gillie:

Seriously, i dont know see how anyone of color could complain about what Kaep is doing

Fuck being a fan of sports and his play. Look at what he fighting for

I hear you, and that was my original question. Does he really want to play or is he embracing his role as a martyr? If he's chosen to prioritize calling out owners, and shining a light on what was done to him, he's chosen to embrace being a martyr. I have no problem with that choice... Im just saying acknowledge that's the direction you're going.
Would you consider that his “ruse” is strategic and him openly embracing his “martyrdom” would be less effective?

Would you consider that his “ruse” is strategic and him openly embracing his “martyrdom” would be less effective?

That's possible. I feel like him putting it all on the table would still be effective though. Say after what the NFL has done to him, and the stances they've taken, he's not comfortable working with them. He wishes he could still play football, but after how the NFL has behaved, that's no longer an option for him. That's still effective IMO, but others may feel different.

Does understanding Bow POV change your POV?

No.
However truly understanding another persons POV will allow for more productive discourse and also will better govern how you choose to respond.

Clearly bow aint trolling and a has a legitimate position. Him asking for more transparency about Kaep’s desire to continue to play pro ball is not one based on malicious criticism...

No.
However truly understanding another persons POV will allow for more productive discourse and also will better govern how you choose to respond.

Clearly bow aint trolling and a has a legitimate position. Him asking for more transparency about Kaep’s desire to continue to play pro ball is not one based on malicious criticism...

THANK YOU! That's all I asked about and people are acting like I'm shitting on everything he's ever done.

That's possible. I feel like him putting it all on the table would still be effective though. Say after what the NFL has done to him, and the stances they've taken, he's not comfortable working with them. He wishes he could still play football, but after how the NFL has behaved, that's no longer an option for him. That's still effective IMO, but others may feel different.

I think his methods are kind of what MLK did with his non violent stance. By being peaceful...essentially America exposed themselves in there reaction. Selma being the apex of that while he was alive

Him not being transparent about wanting to play again for real is neither here nor there imo...cause he causing the NFL to expose themselves in every interaction he has had with them since his blackballing

I think his methods are kind of what MLK did with his non violent stance. By being peaceful...essentially America exposed themselves in there reaction. Selma being the apex of that while he was alive

Him not being transparent about wanting to play again for real is neither here nor there imo...cause he causing the NFL to expose themselves in every interaction he has had with them since his blackballing

I can see that, and I don't think all his methods are wrong. But I don't think MLK was misleading the people marching with him. I think his Know Your Rights initiative is GREAT. But I hear more "______ is in the league, but Kap can't get a run" than I do about KYR.

If Kap let his supporters know he wasn't trying to get a run, more light can be shined on KYR (which makes an impact), instead of wasting energy supporting a career he doesn't want. Be genuine and redirect your support to something real.

Back