Welcome To aBlackWeb

Juelz Santana Pleads Guilty To Gun Charge: Faces Up To 20 Years (NOW FREE)

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad
Juelz Santana has admitted to taking a loaded firearm to a New Jersey airport earlier this year. He now faces two decades in prison.

During a federal court appearance on Thursday, the 36-year-old rapper—legal name LaRon Louis James—pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm by a convicted felon as well as carrying a weapon on an aircraft. NBC New York reports Santana could serve up to 10 years in prison for each charge. His sentencing is scheduled for Dec. 12.

The Dipset rapper was arrested back in March, after authorities at Newark Liberty International Airport discovered a loaded handgun and oxycodone pills inside his carry-on. Santana fled the scene after TSA agents made the discovery, and didn’t turn himself in until three days later. The rapper was then arrested on gun charges and placed on house arrest; however, a judge eventually modified his bail conditions, allowing him to go on tour as long as his mother accompanied him. He was also permitted to film an episode of Love and Hip Hop in Hoboken and New York.

“I view it as a reasonable and productive exercise of his time to work and provide for his family,” U.S. District Judge Michael Hammer said about the modifications.

The rapper’s trial was postponed last week so that he would have enough time to negotiate a plea deal.

Months after his arrest, Santana briefly spoke about the gun charges, insisting he was putting it all in god's hands.

“I’m not a bad guy,” he told the USA Today Network. “Family man, just praying for the best outcome, you know what I mean? Put it in god’s hands at the end of the day.”

https://www.complex.com/music/2018/08/juelz-santana-pleads-guilty-in-airport-gun-case

20 years?

tenor.gif

That's unreasonable.

Clearly an absent minded mistake with no ill intentions.

I couldn't take that one....

If I still had millions, judge, prosecutor and my lawyer gotta go.

Put 200k on all of them.

That's unreasonable.

Put 200k on all of them.

Unreasonable? He's a former felon with an unregistered gun.

I told everyone in the original thread. People get caught with guns in the airport everyday (no exaggeration). Mostly absent minded people and officers that forget to take it out their bags before traveling. It's typically just a hefty fine as long as you have no legal issues. Juelz situation wasn't that.

And that's before we even get into the oxy and him fleeing the scene.

Last edited:
That's unreasonable.

Put 200k on all of them.

dude is a grown damn near 40 year old man,

how do you forget you got a gun in your bag while going to the airport of all places? and he's from a state with strict gun laws? and he's a convicted felon?

nah I like juelz but this was stupidity.

Nyc - Nj gun laws are crazy..20 years is excessive.. then again look at the book they threw at max b..they prolly gonna try n get Jimmy the same way.

Was it the running away part the reason they going so hard?

Bill Russell accidentally brought his gun to the airport but told the right ppl and sorted it out no problems

Bill Russell accidentally brought his gun to the airport but told the right ppl and sorted it out no problems

Reading the thread be coo sometimes.

Bill Russel isn't a felon.

If you're gonna do illegal stuff you can't get comfortable with it, especially if the consequences are so steep

If you can just forget you packed a gun in your carry-on bag for a flight you probably shouldn't be fuckin around with guns in the first place.

...pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm by a convicted felon as well as carrying a weapon on an aircraft

How the hell did he get the gun all the way onto the plane or is the wording of that charge fucked up?

If you can just forget you packed a gun in your carry-on bag for a flight you probably shouldn't be fuckin around with guns in the first place.

How the hell did he get the gun all the way onto the plane or is the wording of that charge fucked up?

That’s the charge you get once you submit your belongings for screening whether it’s caught or not.

Back