Welcome To aBlackWeb

Joe Biden is the next contestant on that #MeToo 4K Ultra HD screen...

By the time then-Vice President Biden had arrived, he could sense I was uncharacteristically nervous- and quickly gave me a hug. After the swearing in, as Ash was giving remarks, he leaned in to tell me “thank you for letting him do this” and kept his hands on my shoulders as a means of offering his support. But a still shot taken from a video — misleadingly extracted from what was a longer moment between close friends — sent out in a snarky tweet — came to be the lasting image of that day.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/s...-image-with-joe-biden-was-not-a-metoo-moment/

She also noted that in the next days the rumor mill didn’t stop, even when her husband told the press that they were friends with the Bidens.

“Ash tried to joke that it was the only way people knew that he had been sworn in,” Carter wrote. “At his first available opportunity, he told the press that we had been friends with the Bidens for years and it wasn’t at all what people thought. But that didn’t stop people I had not heard from since high school sending me messages — usually with some joke or demanding to know what he had said to me.”

Carter concluded by saying she thought if she didn’t dignify the whole thing with a response, it might go away.

It did not. Instead, due to the Lucy Flores story, the image — and accusations — have been circulating once again.

“I thought it would all blow over if I didn’t dignify it with a response,” she said. “But clearly that was wishful thinking.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/flores-biden-personal-space-not-sexual-harassment

Flores: Biden Encounter Was A Personal Space Issue, Not Sexual Harassment

Former Democratic nominee for lieutenant governor of Nevada Lucy Flores told MSNBC on Sunday that while she felt violated by an unexpected kiss from former Vice President Joe Biden she considered the incident to be a personal space issue and not sexual harassment or assault.

“For the record, I don’t believe that it was a bad intention. I’m not in any way suggesting that I felt sexually assaulted or sexually harassed.
I felt invaded. I felt there was a violation of my personal space,” she said. “And it’s been dismissed as if it’s just Biden being Biden. Boys will be boys. No big deal. It is a big deal.”

Flores told Politico that she’s seen plenty of pictures and videos of Biden doing to women what he had done to her, calling it “triggering.”

“When I started to see pictures of him behaving in the same way he did with me and with other women, it was very triggering,”
she said. “I felt so much empathy for them. I knew what they were going through. I had been in their shoes.”

Flores came forward over the weekend alleging that in 2014 Biden approached her from behind, smelled her hair and kissed the back of her head without her consent. She said she came forward partially for political reasons.

Biden released a statement Sunday saying he never believed he acted inappropriately, but was willing to listen.

“(I) offered countless handshakes, hugs, expressions of affection, support and comfort. And not once — never — did I believe I acted inappropriately. If it is suggested I did so, I will listen respectfully. But it was never my intention,” he said. “I may not recall these moments the same way, and I may be surprised at what I hear,” he added. “But we have arrived at an important time when women feel they can and should relate their experiences, and men should pay attention. And I will.”

EC009BDC-24FF-4C38-94A1-C9ACF8613B13.gif

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ex-congressional-aide-biden-grabbed-head-rubbed-nose

Ex-Congressional Aide Says Biden Grabbed Her Head, Rubbed Her Nose

Amy Lappos, a former aide to Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT) says that former Vice President Joe Biden grabbed her head and rubbed her nose without her consent at a fundraiser in 2009.

According to a Hartford Courant report, Lappos posted her account on Facebook after former candidate for lieutenant governor Lucy Flores said that Biden once kissed her head and made her uncomfortable.

“I never filed a complaint, to be honest, because he was the vice president. I was a nobody,” Lappos said. “There’s absolutely a line of decency. There’s a line of respect. Crossing that line is not grandfatherly. It’s not cultural. It’s not affection. It’s sexism or misogyny.”

After Flores shared her story over the weekend, Biden issued a statement saying it was never his “intention” to act inappropriately and pledged to listen to any women he made uncomfortable.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/washing...raction-with-him-a-very-intimate-interaction/

Washington Post‘s Jonathan Capehart Defends Biden: I’ve Had ‘The Same Interaction With Him, a Very Intimate Interaction’

Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart defended Joe Biden on Monday by comparing the accusations of Biden’s questionable conduct with his own experiences with the former vice president.

Capehart joined Hallie Jackson to discuss the recent controversy over Biden’s conduct in light of the claims made by Lucy Flores — a former Democratic candidate for lieutenant governor in Nevada — alleging inappropriate behavior from the ex-Veep in 2014. While saying Flores “should be listened to and her allegations should be taken seriously,” Capehart urged Democrats to consider what this would mean about Biden’s possible 2020 run, and he offered an anecdote about his interactions with the vice president.

“I have had the same interaction with him, a very intimate interaction,” Capehart recalled. “He put his forehead on my forehead. It was in November 2017. I had just done a one-on-one conversation with him in Schenectady, and he was really happy with the way it went … It was his way of congratulating me, congratulating us on an event that was well done.”

CD791171-325E-457D-A235-C8B977BA6C6E.gif

Trump is definitely not unbeatable but you also have to remember that a big part of his supporters will vote for Tump even if he'd get verbally destroyed everytime he debates. Trump's now famous quote "I could shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters" is actually true in many ways.

Trump is worshipped as a god by a lot of his supporters. It's almost like a cult.
Trumptards are loud but the minority, again, most of the country didn't vote period last time and his ass still lost the popular vote, if ppl actually vote this time and the dem candidate isnt hillary 2.0.we'll be fine, but ppl gotta get out and vote

Joe was a good wingman to Barry
But he really needs to follow Hillary's lead and set pride & ego and just accept that his time has past
Leave the public arena on a high note with your dignity intact

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/...en-paternalistic-behavior-another-form-sexism

Women In Viral Photo Of Biden: ‘Paternalistic Behavior’ Another Form Of ‘Sexism’

A survivors’ rights activist who was featured in a photo with former Vice President Joe Biden at the 2016 Oscars that went viral penned an op-ed in the Washington Post on Thursday, saying Biden needs to have a reckoning for his past “paternalistic behavior.”

Sofie Karasek wrote that she used to like the photo of herself and Biden — he’s holding her hands and their foreheads are touching — because it going viral helped the family of an Alabama college student, who died by suicide after she was raped, seek justice. While in the moment, she said she felt “taken aback” and said the intimacy was “unwelcome,” she said she once had it framed in her room until people began commenting that it looked like he was going to kiss her.

As time passed she said the photo brought about a sense of “shame and belittlement” even though she thinks the gesture may have been well-intended as a paternalistic or comforting act. But that “paternalistic behavior was another form of the sexism that for years he worked to oppose,” she said.

So holup... They really tryin to destroy this man cause he treated a couple females like they were his nephews?

Im confused, cause the latest shit sounds like they are mad about getting patted on the head like pets

Trumptards are loud but the minority, again, most of the country didn't vote period last time and his ass still lost the popular vote, if ppl actually vote this time and the dem candidate isnt hillary 2.0.we'll be fine, but ppl gotta get out and vote

That's the main reason Trump got into office b/c ppl didn't want to vote for either candidate. I would say that Joe Biden is probably the strongest candidate out of the entire Democratic candidates that's running but to start out with a bunch of #MeToo accusations it's not looking great.

To make matters worse the candidates outside of Biden (except Bernie) either aren't worth the time (Harris/Booker) or they are unknowns.

Personally, if anybody can get Trump out of the highest office in the country I'm for it.

They're gonna hate him joking about it but I fux with it.
I get society set up up some of these laws for women cause they're the weaker sex but kissing someone on the head and them getting outraged about it months later doesn't disqualify someone from a job.
These hoes trippin

giphy.gif

Back