Welcome To aBlackWeb

Him being on Murray's show the first time was obviously a delusion
I'm alluding to the entire film being one. Joker has always been an unreliable narrator he could've been locked up that whole time and made all that up for fun. You just don't know.

That's the WOAT. Watching a movie to find out you watched nothing.
Jokers one of the biggest trolls of all time that's right up his alley. This the same dude that shot Batgirl paralyzing her and left her halfnaked just so Gordon and Batman thought he did something to her.

Jokers one of the biggest trolls of all time that's right up his alley. This the same dude that shot Batgirl paralyzing her and left her halfnaked just so Gordon and Batman thought he did something to her.

Still makes a shit movie. If someone decides to make an origin story, the whole thing shouldn't be imagined.

18caa4a8742ea37ecafc31e6d60ed3cda873d6a6.gifv

0dd6ff4b4149024477a00ff95408dedb15ffc1c7.gifv

2cee9307b4cd41f659791e085d4b4515e114e0b6.gifv

a70c62aec5b56fef8fde823d2c057c8c2083803c.gifv

cc7839e9a9b3ad9651b499a44c9746da0fe13190.gifv

dc1f8bf55b1ca15523ee387f98c144bc10246e0e.gifv

d2772f25f6daf7f9262651e2e454a3a4bf64e066.gifv

Curious to know what people thought of the Joker 2019 movie. I was skeptical at first. I was debating whether or not I should watch it. I used to think the Joker didn't need an origin story because i felt he was more mysterious that way. When i thought about it, he had one in the Killing Joke so he’s not that mysterious. That's why i watched Joker, even if i wished another villain would have his/her own movie. I didn’t think this movie’s Joker would be on the same level as Heath Ledger’s Joker. I was mind-blown by this movie and my expectations were blown away. This movie tackled some deep issues like society's hypocrisy, lies about equality, child abuse, mental illness, etc. I was shocked at some scenes which crossed some boundaries. What made this movie great was how it didn't just tell the story of how a crook fell in a vat of chemicals and became the Joker. It made me think about alot. It had loads of emotion and some ambiguity. When the Joker laughs after a tragedy, it's hard to tell if he's laughing or crying.

The scenes about mental illness spoke some harsh truths about how mentally ill people are treated today. Hence, why Arthur Fleck wrote in his notebook “the worst part about mental illness are people expecting you to behave as if you don’t have one.” Arthur Fleck tried hard to get help for his mental illness, but it seemed like society showed no support. They don’t want to acknowledge mental illness exists much less understand it. It’s as if people just want the mentally ill to be locked up in a mental institution and be done with it.
It also had some harsh truths about equality. Society cares more about status than about equality. The poor are expendable.

People criticized it for its violence, but I think they were disturbed. Because there was no Batman, we had no one to look to as a savior. The movie forced us to look at ourselves and our relationship with people like the Joker. It raises disturbing questions like how much of a role we play in creating someone like the Joker and how accurate are his perceptions? Throughout the film, it was hard to tell if the Joker was seeing things correctly or just being delusional.

People criticized the film for this Joker not fully embracing the evil and chaos in him like say Heath Ledger’s Joker. I don’t think this criticism is valid. People forget this is a different Joker before he became THE Joker. That’s why its an origin story. I was about to criticize this Joker for his lack of clever punchlines and criminal schemes but realized that’s the point. The Joker was a failed comedian trying to get by in the world. He didn’t have any intention to turn to a life of crime. We see a very vulnerable side of the Joker that’s not there in most Batman films.

It had some flaws. I disliked how the laughing and references to Taxi driver were a bit overdone. I also thought the Joker’s love interest didn’t need to be there. It was not how i imagined it would be. I thought the comic’s version of the Joker’s wife made more of an impact than Joker’s girlfriend. I thought the film could’ve been much darker had it taken a different approach with his love interest based on the comics. I disliked how some songs like those of Frank Sinatra didn’t fit well with the theme of the film.

Perhaps the movie’s biggest flaw was how it focused too much on the Joker’s mental illness rather than his emotional turmoil. I was expecting to see a blend of emotions and mental illness. Lots of people have already included hallucinations or the “reality vs. fantasy” motif in films on mental illness. It’s become too cliche. The film could’ve been more powerful if it stuck to creating drama while balancing out the Joker’s mental illness.

Nonetheless, I loved it and highly recommend it to any fan of the Joker.

Curious to know what people thought of the Joker 2019 movie. I was skeptical at first. I was debating whether or not I should watch it. I used to think the Joker didn't need an origin story because i felt he was more mysterious that way. When i thought about it, he had one in the Killing Joke so he’s not that mysterious. That's why i watched Joker, even if i wished another villain would have his/her own movie. I didn’t think this movie’s Joker would be on the same level as Heath Ledger’s Joker. I was mind-blown by this movie and my expectations were blown away. This movie tackled some deep issues like society's hypocrisy, lies about equality, child abuse, mental illness, etc. I was shocked at some scenes which crossed some boundaries. What made this movie great was how it didn't just tell the story of how a crook fell in a vat of chemicals and became the Joker. It made me think about alot. It had loads of emotion and some ambiguity. When the Joker laughs after a tragedy, it's hard to tell if he's laughing or crying.

The scenes about mental illness spoke some harsh truths about how mentally ill people are treated today. Hence, why Arthur Fleck wrote in his notebook “the worst part about mental illness are people expecting you to behave as if you don’t have one.” Arthur Fleck tried hard to get help for his mental illness, but it seemed like society showed no support. They don’t want to acknowledge mental illness exists much less understand it. It’s as if people just want the mentally ill to be locked up in a mental institution and be done with it.
It also had some harsh truths about equality. Society cares more about status than about equality. The poor are expendable.

People criticized it for its violence, but I think they were disturbed. Because there was no Batman, we had no one to look to as a savior. The movie forced us to look at ourselves and our relationship with people like the Joker. It raises disturbing questions like how much of a role we play in creating someone like the Joker and how accurate are his perceptions? Throughout the film, it was hard to tell if the Joker was seeing things correctly or just being delusional.

People criticized the film for this Joker not fully embracing the evil and chaos in him like say Heath Ledger’s Joker. I don’t think this criticism is valid. People forget this is a different Joker before he became THE Joker. That’s why its an origin story. I was about to criticize this Joker for his lack of clever punchlines and criminal schemes but realized that’s the point. The Joker was a failed comedian trying to get by in the world. He didn’t have any intention to turn to a life of crime. We see a very vulnerable side of the Joker that’s not there in most Batman films.

It had some flaws. I disliked how the laughing and references to Taxi driver were a bit overdone. I also thought the Joker’s love interest didn’t need to be there. It was not how i imagined it would be. I thought the comic’s version of the Joker’s wife made more of an impact than Joker’s girlfriend. I thought the film could’ve been much darker had it taken a different approach with his love interest based on the comics. I disliked how some songs like those of Frank Sinatra didn’t fit well with the theme of the film.

Perhaps the movie’s biggest flaw was how it focused too much on the Joker’s mental illness rather than his emotional turmoil. I was expecting to see a blend of emotions and mental illness. Lots of people have already included hallucinations or the “reality vs. fantasy” motif in films on mental illness. It’s become too cliche. The film could’ve been more powerful if it stuck to creating drama while balancing out the Joker’s mental illness.

You're a new member so I'll give you a pass. I appreciate your passion for the movie. That being said, nobody reading all that bro (or sis).

I liked the movie but honestly thought they didn't really have to name it Joker. It was smart that they did because that definitely helped bring more fans to view the film.

I honestly haven't watched it again since seeing it in the theaters once. Usually if I love a film I will watch it multiple times in the theater (if possible) and purchase it when it comes out on Blu ray.

Back