Welcome To aBlackWeb

Yall really went deep with it

Its still possible that a sequel can be made where his killings become more random and deranged with a story as to how he became more sinister.

I can understand these complaints if this was the sequel. But it’s his origin story it’s showing us how he became the Joker. Maybe he started off only killing people who he felt wronged him, then it evolves from there...

There can be no sequel if he won’t ever be tied to Bruce who by the time Bruce becomes Batman he would be geriatric. It ain’t happening.

I can understand these complaints if this was the sequel. But it’s his origin story it’s showing us how he became the Joker. Maybe he started off only killing people who he felt wronged him, then it evolves from there...
If it was a true origin of the character known as the joker, there would be no need.

To try to make this character the joker as I know him would be a disservice to both imo...

The direction flecks character was going in deserves to be exploredb in it's own light.... Not derailed to be something he clearly wasn't working towards.

To say he was becoming the same joker from the comics is not only a reach, it's a lack of respect and understanding for who the joker is, and who flecks character....

Both good stories, they just not two stories of the same character imo

Watched this courtesy of gang

Maybe because everyone kept talking about this movie and they had to have policemen at theaters, my expectations were soaring

This movie was......ok

Not terrible but just ok.

I think what makes it ok is people's need to know how did he get to the point where he got to and this movie tries to fill in the holes but I think people need to realize that the unknown about joker is what makes him the great character he is.

Things don't always have to be clearly explained.

Not to mention the "how did he get to" was so incomplete that you still have to do reaching to a fictional time after the events of the movie for him to eventually become what we know as joker

Watched this courtesy of gang

Maybe because everyone kept talking about this movie and they had to have policemen at theaters, my expectations were soaring

This movie was......ok

Not terrible but just ok.

I think what makes it ok is people's need to know how did he get to the point where he got to and this movie tries to fill in the holes but I think people need to realize that the unknown about joker is what makes him the great character he is.

Things don't always have to be clearly explained.
It's an else worlds story. It's some one else's take on the joker and a character study. This isn't this wasn't meant to be be the comic book version

It's an else worlds story. It's some one else's take on the joker and a character study. This isn't this wasn't meant to be be the comic book version

What do you mean? I think we all knew this was a more real world movie, so we didn't expect the sinister plans we saw in cartoons/ comics/ wherever. I was just expecting the same personality to develop.

What do you mean? I think we all knew this was a more real world movie, so we didn't expect the sinister plans we saw in cartoons/ comics/ wherever. I was just expecting the same personality to develop.
Elseworld or DC black label is a " what if?" Universe where it's darker, grittier or more 'real life' alternate versions of the character.

Gotham by gaslight
Or
Batman ninja

Are good animated versions.

So basically they don't really have to use the guidelines of source material as the goal is to be creative and outside the box.

Which is all good... But I just felt it still missed the mark on certain areas that others might contribute to creative differences

Elseworld or DC black label is a " what if?" Universe where it's darker, grittier or more 'real life' alternate versions of the character.

Gotham by gaslight
Or
Batman ninja

Are good animated versions.

So basically they don't really have to use the guidelines of source material as the goal is to be creative and outside the box.

Which is all good... But I just felt it still missed the mark on certain areas that others might contribute to creative differences

Thanks, I had never heard of it.

Well like I said b4...I went in not even thinkin this version was gonna be like the ones from most of the comics...animated movies...tv shows. Kinda hard to compare really when we've seen SO many different versions of him. This is just another one to add to the list.

This is why I feel DC excels at over Marvel. Not tying their characters to the tv shows or movies. Providing sifferent variations of their characters.

Last edited:
Back