Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jermaine Dupri: Today's Female Rap = Stripper Rap

I mean atl strip clubs were used to break atl rappers. Yes the popular shit is wack it’s not the 90s with diverse mainstream options. But people been saying this about rap since Nas said hip hop is dead. It’s Dupri so his opinion matters but this is just another “I think this new shit is wack” type of thing

I mean he's not wrong. Women were up in arms about men lusting over Megan for her body more than her music. But she twerks every 5 seconds and her breakout song was "big ole freak"

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but that's what most of the biggest ones rap about. There's some lesser known ones like No Name who do the conscious rap, but they don't get supported. Much as women hate to admit it, they enjoy music where an artist just shakes her ass just as much as dudes do.

tumblr_p36usk0h0D1qck9hho2_1280.jpg

He's not wrong, but I feel like that's been the standard for mainstream female rappers since the 90's. Other than Missy, I can't really think of a big rapper that didn't rap about her pussy every other song at least. Maybe Lauryn Hill, but I'd consider her more of a singer than a rapper.....and she doesn't even do much of either anyway soooo

He's not wrong, but I feel like that's been the standard for mainstream female rappers since the 90's. Other than Missy, I can't really think of a big rapper that didn't rap about her pussy every other song at least. Maybe Lauryn Hill, but I'd consider her more of a singer than a rapper.....and she doesn't even do much of either anyway soooo

Queen Latfiah
MC Lyte
Da Brat

I don't know any girls or older women that listen to queen latifah, da brat or mc lyte. Im not saying all of them don't but I don't think they get the respect they deserve from female fans. Girls don't really care about bars like that. Most would rather dance.

Back