Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z, Yo Gotti threaten to sue Mississippi over 'inhumane and unconstitutional' prisons

can you say that to someone who lose someone?
they could care less and might be mad that the person who killed them is getting good treatment.

just saying

lol what does that do for society treating them bad won’t bring your folks back also we know how many folks get locked up and end up not doing it? Victims families do have rights but treating somebody less than human for revenge ain’t one of them

I mean it folks convicted of murder who didn’t do it. If you don’t want them treated humanely why they ain’t just kill them full death sentence? Because somebody getting paid off they labor?

lol what does that do for society treating them bad won’t bring your folks back also we know how many folks get locked up and end up not doing it? Victims families do have rights but treating somebody less than human for revenge ain’t one of them
I get that but what about those cold blooded multi offenders?

I'll be back to fight.
I ain't got it in me today

I get that but what about those cold blooded multi offenders?

I'll be back to fight.
I ain't got it in me today

So to you them being in prison ain't enough punishment.

What other punishment do you want added on top of prison?

The Justice Department has opened a civil rights investigation into the Mississippi prison system after a string of inmate deaths in the last few months, officials said Wednesday.

Federal prosecutors are looking into the conditions at four state prisons following the deaths of at least 15 inmates since December. The investigation is examining whether state corrections officials are adequately protecting prisoners from physical harm and will also look into whether there are adequate healthcare and suicide prevention services.

The investigation, by the Justice Department's civil rights division, will specifically focus on conditions at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman, Southern Mississippi Correctional Institute, Central Mississippi Correctional Facility and the Wilkinson County Correctional Facility, the Justice Department said.

The use of such investigations examining the patterns and practices of law enforcement agencies has been curtailed under the Trump administration compared with their use during the Obama administration.

Some of the inmate deaths in recent weeks happened during confrontations between inmates. Some were suicides.

Violence is a recurring problem in Mississippi prisons, where many jobs for guards are unfilled. Officials with the state Department of Corrections have said for years that it's difficult to find people to work as guards because of low pay, long hours and dangerous conditions.

Just last month we saw Team ROC, the prison reform initiative backed by JAY-Z and Yo Gotti, share a video of the insanely gruesome conditions happening within the Mississippi prison system. It looks like they aren't backing down anytime soon either, as the Roc Nation entity has filed a second civil lawsuit against the Mississippi Department of Corrections on behalf of 152 inmates.

Team ROC's fight for change within the prison system isn't a new one at all, with Yo Gotti seen in the photo above showing love for the "Free Meek Mill" movement back in 2017 at Jay-Z's 4:44 Tour stop in Philadelphia. Given the serious conditions that prisoners are going through at Mississippi State Penitentiary, also sometimes referred to as Parchman Farm, it makes perfect sense why they're doubling down on the suit. 18 inmates have already reportedly died throughout Mississippi's correctional system, mainly due to food contaminated with rat feces and cockroaches or not getting the proper medical care for health issues like cancer and serious heart defects, according to an official Team ROC press release.

Jay-Z originally filed the first suit back in January according to BBC News, with efforts to bring awareness to 29 prisoners forced to "live in squalor" and other life-threatening conditions. In this most recent follow-up, Hov, Gotti and Team ROC are requesting on behalf of a total of now 152 inmates to get the court to maintain jurisdiction of Parchman until the DOC can assure the environment is safe and stable overall.

Back