Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
How did something that essentially started as black lives matter in its untainted, purest form end up benefiting an all lives matter, trump supporting white supremacist bitch armed with kindergarten scissors??

How Sway? This is an unfathomable ending to the kneeling..
:imsayin:

Hahaha this right here. Also, there’s a lot of goal post moving in this thread.

It’s a sad state of affairs for our community.

I still listen to jayz lol

Mans discography is way too extensive for him to be cancelled for me and I really dont believe in canceling ppl per say. like r kelly and cosby need get the fuck outta here for life but jayz has been telling us who he is for years. lmaooo him and Beyonce have shown us exactly who they are time and time again.

Capitalist

I dont think anyone was saying dont listen to his music. I know for me, I just wanted niggas to stop labeling him an activist and to really think deeply about this deal.

problem is when folxs stan someone to the point they feel they are beyond reproach. I will never stan someone to the point I cant critique their actions or delude myself of the facts.

thats the problem. jayz is a lot of these niggas dads and its very fascinating to me. its interesting to watch ppl scramble to defend his actions at every turn, i mean niggas are still jumping thru mad hoops to defend him. its all so comical to me.

jayz is human and flawed like the rest of us. why would you place another human being on a pedestal? because they have money? because they have influence?

like I said, this goes back to self esteem. I dont aspire to be anyone but myself and I constantly work and check myself to make sure Im not moving greasy or harming anyone out here.

period

Last edited:
We don’t have mobilizers of the past to hold these niggas accountable when they step out of line. The values all fucked up

Nah RD gets no play in my ride and if I do it’s only to hear Dame ideals come out of Jay mouth

I dont think anyone was saying to stop listening to his music. I know for me, I just wanted niggas to stop labeling him an activist and to really think deeply about this deal.

problem is when folxs stan someone to the point they feel they are beyond reproach. I will never stan someone to the point I cant critique their actions or delude myself of the facts.

thats the problem. jayz is a lot of these niggas dads and its very fascinating to me. its interesting to watch ppl scramble to defend his actions at every turn, i mean niggas are still jumping thru mad hoops to defend him. its all so comical to me.

jayz is human and flawed like the rest of us. why would you place another human being on a pedestal? because they have money? because they have influence?

like I said, this goes back to self esteem. I dont aspire to be anyone but myself and I constantly work and check myself to make sure Im not moving greasy or harming anyone out here.

period
Why would you place another human being on a pedestal? because they have money? because they have influence?

people are simple minded across the board especially when it comes to meaningless prestige

I still listen to jayz lol

Mans discography is way too extensive for him to be cancelled for me and I really dont believe in canceling ppl per say. like r kelly and cosby need get the fuck outta here for life but jayz has been telling us who he is for years. lmaooo him and Beyonce have shown us exactly who they are time and time again.

Capitalist
I only truly cancelled Koonye... but I'm suspending Jay lol

listen, I know the majority of us are out of school but its perfectly fine to take a class on capitalism (racial theory 101 even) to learn how these systems work. fuck it go to a library and cop a book . you are looking to the Black bourgeoise to save you from poverty and idk where you been for the past idk 100 years but thats never going to happen. Dubious and his talented tenth theory, well to do Black men :celebrate: will one day lift the Black poor out of poverty and teach them how to maneuver in society, was a wild ass idea then and still is now.

Did obama change your socioeconomic status in society? how about Jayz? fuck it did any Black person in your family that had a degree and a top paying job, increase the generational wealth of your family overall?

matter of fact, this might be a class on sociology because rarely, if ever, do families change social statuses. its very hard to do so. LOOK IT UP.

capitalism works that only a few are at the top (1%) :lol9:

and the rest are at the bottom. :cry:

we are too caught up in trying to adopt the very systems that are keeping us downtrodden, sick, depressed, missing, imprisoned and ultimately discarded. how r we are going to uplift one another out of poverty via capitalism when capitalism is the reason so many of us are impoverished? :foh3:

how many Black ppl are in this country and you think more Black millionaires and billionaires are going to increase the generational wealth for all of us? even after seeing the moves of a nigga with mad money? *cough* jayz *cough* but lets say you had 100 Black billionaires in society....you think their wealth will somehow trickle down to you? capitalism does not work like that my friend. the trickle down theory was proposed by the infamous crack dealer ronald reagan in the 80s and it has been proven since then
that the wealth of the uber rich does not trickle down to improve the economy, but it instead tends to be amassed and sheltered in tax havens:yikes2:

In all reality, until niggas wake tf up and start realizing how america is desgined and ran and stop thinking that an anti-Black country is going to assist in them accumulating high amounts of wealth, yall are going to be spinning your wheels in this thread all fucking day.

whats really bothering me is you can live in society, see the copious amounts of bullshit working class Black ppl are met with day in and day out and still think the rich are going to one day save you.

again, billionaires only exist thru exploitation. in order to hoard that amount of wealth someone has to be getting fucked over.

so this post just reads to me that you wish you and your family were next in line to do the fucking

:paid:

I get all that and my point is no one.....

Not one person in this country will ever settle for mediocrity if they don't have to.

And it's natural to want to have something to pass down to our children.

If you grew up poor, you're going to want better for your children.

Those things will create drive in people. Create purpose and passion. They want to acquire things and provide for their family.

That's natural. If you have an issue with people wanting to do well and acquire any kind of wealth .. Then I honestly don't see a point in continuing the discussion.

Now if you can acknowledge that there's nothing wrong with wanting to be financially secure and to make as much as you potentially can.... We have to then consider those who surpass just security and begin to adopt those capitalistic ways you describe....

My whole point is where is the line.

Taking classes in capitalism what not, that's cool. But you got a lot of black folk starting and running businesses. A lot of folk looking to take their family to the next level. I personally don't see anything wrong with that..... But again.... We have to constantly examine ourselves...

Cuz while I may not be the next person in line to be a Jay one day....I will look out for my family first regardless...

And if a lot of money is in my future, I don't it's ignorant to ask how does a black person with money navigate thru society without adapting to these systems?

like what would you do? If your area of expertise paid you some serious money that could make an impact. How would you invest and grow your money without putting a foot on those on the bottom....

like I know you say you don't come in here to teach niggaz... But fuck that...

i want answers... Cuz it sounds to me if you wanna get money, you gonna have to step on some toes to keep it grow it....

tell me that ain't it

why are you niggas so concerned with passing down wealth anyways? you cant even pass down concrete ideas, or shape a sound moral compass for your family to follow, but money is the go to?

a whole bunch of niggas with mad wealth and shitty ass ideas, 0 introspection, no moral high ground, and 0 empathy sounds like a grand ol time...

foh
This sounds mad irresponsible.

Why wouldn't any one want something to pass down to the next generation.

So we should just accept that we ain't shit. Jump off a bridge and not try to leave anything for the ones behind us??

How does that make anyone better. I want my children to be better than me.... Am not equipped for that to happen by consequence of my experience??

I get all that and my point is no one.....

Not one person in this country will ever settle for mediocrity if they don't have to.

And it's natural to want to have something to pass down to our children.

If you grew up poor, you're going to want better for your children.

Those things will create drive in people. Create purpose and passion. They want to acquire things and provide for their family.

That's natural. If you have an issue with people wanting to do well and acquire any kind of wealth .. Then I honestly don't see a point in continuing the discussion.

Now if you can acknowledge that there's nothing wrong with wanting to be financially secure and to make as much as you potentially can.... We have to then consider those who surpass just security and begin to adopt those capitalistic ways you describe....

My whole point is where is the line.

Taking classes in capitalism what not, that's cool. But you got a lot of black folk starting and running businesses. A lot of folk looking to take their family to the next level. I personally don't see anything wrong with that..... But again.... We have to constantly examine ourselves...

Cuz while I may not be the next person in line to be a Jay one day....I will look out for my family first regardless...

And if a lot of money is in my future, I don't it's ignorant to ask how does a black person with money navigate thru society without adapting to these systems?

like what would you do? If your area of expertise paid you some serious money that could make an impact. How would you invest and grow your money without putting a foot on those on the bottom....

like I know you say you don't come in here to teach niggaz... But fuck that...

i want answers... Cuz it sounds to me if you wanna get money, you gonna have to step on some toes to keep it grow it....

tell me that ain't it
You can put your foot in those at the bottom, I just don't want black people being that bottom.

At some point people can get lost when bringing in money they consider a lot. I seen it.
But then you look around and notice you are navigating around dumbass privileged cacs.

A few of us want to darken the boardrooms. But I don't think you'd be surprised at those who want to be the only person.

Flipside, some feel even getting to the boardroom is swing out.

Ever been at a job and everyone cool.
Then one guy gets promoted to manager.
He must now manage but his homies look at him as one of them after a while?

A lot of what you are saying and asking takes us to a point we must look at what we look at as rules we follow and govern our community by.

Because, what if we was wrong all this time?

This sounds mad irresponsible.

Why wouldn't any one want something to pass down to the next generation.

So we should just accept that we ain't shit. Jump off a bridge and not try to leave anything for the ones behind us??

How does that make anyone better. I want my children to be better than me.... Am not equipped for that to happen by consequence of my experience??
She has a good point tho.

Money is nothing without a plan for your family.

How many dudes really have plans for their family? No diss to anyone personally or economically.
Like how the child will be raised, 529s, trusts, wills, life insurance, don't disrespect women, etc.

I see her point.

Did anyone clarify who asked for the haircuts?

Seems the two guys asked for them because they felt it would better their life.

One of the guys is on video saying it was three years ago and he asked for it...

They was apart of the crushers club boxing where the kids get mentored.

While I don't think she should be cutting their hair for optics purposes....
Are we asking the right questions?

Soooooo

She has a good point tho.

Money is nothing without a plan for your family.

How many dudes really have plans for their family? No diss to anyone personally or economically.
Like how the child will be raised, 529s, trusts, wills, life insurance, don't disrespect women, etc.

I see her point.
But if you bussing your ass to the best of your ability to provide and do right by your children, can you not see how that is spitting in the face of that effort?

I just don't have a defeated attitude. I believe my presence in my children's life is a major plus

Which is weird, cuz I'm normally a pessimist.

Back