Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
Pennies is very much an exaggeration. It might not be contracts for tens of millions off tops but it will definitely be enough to live and thrive on.

My whole point is we can create a league when we decide to just like we create everything else when we decide to.

And man to man Thor, in real life if you were to feel so emboldened as to "LMAO" when I'm speaking some real shit I would've had to discipline you physically. Let's keep it cordial bro bro.
Who going to sacrifice for the greater good? That's what this takes.
And I honestly don't see many sacrifices.
Most people want to enjoy the fruits of their labor now and/or entrust someone else to do it. Can we keep it 100?

I love when yall idols spit in ur face n yall just take it like hoe

That true side comes out....the funniest thing is jay z has fuckn net worth of a billion already? Lmao

You hate to see it

tenor.gif

Last edited:
The most interesting thing about public speculation is that it's most often the loudest and most persistent voices who jump to the most ardent conclusions.

You have absolutely no clue what was discussed or agreed upon by either party but yet somehow you know that no good of any degree can come of it.

And now that you've stuck your neck out in opposition against a vague announcement, regardless of what happens, you'll refuse to admit you were even a bit wrong and switch topics or abandon the conversation altogether.

The most interesting thing about public speculation is that it's most often the loudest and most persistent voices who jump to the most ardent conclusions.

You have absolutely no clue what was discussed or agreed upon by either party but yet somehow you know that no good of any degree can come of it.

And now that you've stuck your neck out in opposition against a vague announcement, regardless of what happens, you'll refuse to admit you were even a bit wrong and switch topics or abandon the conversation altogether.

And what if it’s exactly what we think it is?

Why the vague announcement? Why are we not privy to what was discussed

Niggas pointing out it’s hypocrisy

It’s nothing to have to wait and see about it, it’s right there

Jay just a entertainer to me so I’m unbothered but Don’t sell this as some social justice(which means absolutely nothing) move

It’s just funny to watch niggas pick and choose who get passes based on the presentation. It was easy to tear down and disrespect Chrisette Michelle though. Easy to say fuck Travis Scott. Easy to call Ye every name in the book. Easy to call anybody who don’t speak down on or has a convo with 45 a coon and Tom and whatever else

Don’t pick and choose when you want to stick together

Has anyone given an inkling of thought to what boards these Billionaires sit on from the owners to the commish, what they advocate for whether it's ALEC or what have you what initiatives they push..

I hope you don't think they are going to create a powerful PAC

Anything less than that is PR

Jayz really is in the illuminati.. Lol

:celebrate:

Pennies is very much an exaggeration. It might not be contracts for tens of millions off tops but it will definitely be enough to live and thrive on.

My whole point is we can create a league when we decide to just like we create everything else when we decide to.

And man to man Thor, in real life if you were to feel so emboldened as to "LMAO" when I'm speaking some real shit I would've had to discipline you physically. Let's keep it cordial bro bro.

You seem like a good and smart person but I have to disagree with you on the pro sports league idea. You would be asking these young men to take massive pay cuts to play in an upstart league all due to you thinking they hold their race above their financial earning potential? It's not happening in our lifetime.

These kids will not even go to these HBCU's which they could drastically have a bigger impact in helping with less to lose. Just imagine if all or even half these talented black athletes went to HBCU's? Most of these schools wouldn't be in such bad shape as they are in now and it could drastically increase enrollment to these establishments overall

This is hilarious people were calling him illuminati for the most silly shit and were dead serioua now he is covorting with Billionaires who are antithetical to everything we are fighting for.. And here we are..

You seem like a good and smart person but I have to disagree with you on the pro sports league idea. You would be asking these young men to take massive pay cuts to play in an upstart league all due to you thinking they hold their race above their financial earning potential? It's not happening in our lifetime.

These kids will not even go to these HBCU's which they could drastically have a bigger impact in helping with less to lose. Just imagine if all or even half these talented black athletes went to HBCU's? Most of these schools wouldn't be in such bad shape as they are in now and it could drastically increase enrollment to these establishments overall

I hear the HBCU angle but we also have to understand that at the same time these HBCU's don't have the funds to give full or even partial athletic scholarships to these black athletes. They don't have to funds to give the ones who would qualify for academic scholarships. On top of that insurance policies they would need for these athletes is something that has to be taken into account as well.

Just like it would take black wealthy people to get it a sports league funded. It will take those same wealthy black people to help these HBCU's with these college athletes.

I love both ideas and it could work but a whole lot of sacrifice would have to be made on both sides for any of it to come to fruition.

Only question that needs to be asked by all involved "is the greater good of black people more important than myself?"

So far to masses of black people that answer has been a resounding "NO"

I'm in the wait and see crowd but honestly I think Jay Z is and has always been about his money and they gave him and one of his main ventures a huge job with great earning potential and he jumped on it.

I also can't do anything but shake my head at Jay Z chastising Travis Scott for doing the Super Bowl while he was making deals with the NFL less than a month before the game. SMH.

Hopefully whatever Jay Z and the NFL has planned is actually a really meaningful and substantial project aimed at tackling social injustice

I hear the HBCU angle but we also have to understand that at the same time these HBCU's don't have the funds to give full or even partial athletic scholarships to these black athletes. They don't have to funds to give the ones who would qualify for academic scholarships. On top of that insurance policies they would need for these athletes is something that has to be taken into account as well.

Just like it would take black wealthy people to get it a sports league funded. It will take those same wealthy black people to help these HBCU's with these college athletes.

I love both ideas and it could work but a whole lot of sacrifice would have to be made on both sides for any of it to come to fruition.

Only question that needs to be asked by all involved "is the greater good of black people more important than myself?"

So far to masses of black people that answer has been a resounding "NO"

A pro sports league can not thrive in the USA without white ppl. Ticket sales, merchandise etc... We cant carry a league. Plus all black folks are not sports fans.

We are to small of the total population to make a sports league with everything that is needed.

Are non-blacks gon be allowed to come to games and shit like that?

Im all for building a society inside of society.

Back