Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
As noble as that idea is the times then were different, compare the way people thought back then as far as athletes and the fans and compare them to the people that you see around you today and tell me that the people of today still have the same spirit of them from then, of sacrifice, unity, a mindset of not necessarily getting rich but purely a love and devotion to the game. How many of them niggas on the Cowboys was dropping the knee to make a difference or were they standing high cuz they knew their money was involved

Yes times are different in some ways and in some ways they are the same. Time is what we make of it.

At the end of the day, if it was done before, it can be done again. Different methods maybe but it can be done.

And if it's a noble idea then we should put our energy towards it.

I'm asking about the fields/stadiums.

Bruh I don't care if it's a local park or a stadium.

We have enough money to rent out stadiums. We have enough money to buy property and build a facility if necessary.

What types of arenas does Cube run his Big 3 league from? Local parks or stadiums/arenas?

Cube started his own league. Not by himself but collectively.

We have enough money to rent out stadiums. We have enough money to buy property and build a facility if necessary.

What types of arenas does Cube run his Big 3 league from? Local parks or stadiums/arenas?

Lmao.

Pennies would be on their check.

We are a minority. Not the 2nd or 3rd in this country.

In order for league to work here you would need to work with white ppl.

A league just folded that had a ton of money behind and they still had to play at places that cost billions to build.

Do you know the billions of dollars or would take to make league that blacks own the teams and places to play. Medical staff. Facilities. It would never work with us bein a small % of the nation.

Dudes would be risking their lives playing at fucking parks for chump change.

We can do a lot of shit in this country but this ain’t the move.

Football make money because of the white dollar. Not the black dollar.

Dudes play sport because of the big money involved.

The big 3 play at places that is owned by the city and white ppl.

This really ain’t the move.

The Big 3 isn't in direct competition with the NBA. They only play a half-court game so they don't need big arenas to put on their games. Also, they make pennies compared to the NBA. You want men making millions to breach multimillion dollar contracts to play football in parks and on high school fields?

I'll take a wait and see approach.

For the record I don't think this is going to do much socially for justice. Shit like this is usually just surface not even crumbs on the table type shit. It looks good for the camera but it really doesn't do anything in regards to true justice or permanent change.

If because of this black viewership of the nfl rises. Jay z will become the go to black person for when white corporations fuck up to smooth shit over and he is going to charge them top dollar for doing so.

Let's not forget that 90-100mill to be paid out over 6 years the owners gave to Malcolm Jenkins and the players group for social issues never actually came out the owners pocket. It was actually already sitting in a pot designated for something else. They just scrapped that shit and gave it to the players.

From what I understand they took movie outta their cancer organization fund, and another nfl organization fund (can't remember which one)

Lmao.

Pennies would be on their check.

We are a minority. Not the 2nd or 3rd in this country.

In order for league to work here you would need to work with white ppl.

A league just folded that had a ton of money behind and they still had to play at places that cost billions to build.

Do you know the billions of dollars or would take to make league that blacks own the teams and places to play. Medical staff. Facilities. It would never work with us bein a small % of the nation.

Dudes would be risking their lives playing at fucking parks for chump change.

We can do a lot of shit in this country but this ain’t the move.

Football make money because of the white dollar. Not the black dollar.

Dudes play sport because of the big money involved.

The big 3 play at places that is owned by the city and white ppl.

This really ain’t the move.

Pennies is very much an exaggeration. It might not be contracts for tens of millions off tops but it will definitely be enough to live and thrive on.

My whole point is we can create a league when we decide to just like we create everything else when we decide to.

And man to man Thor, in real life if you were to feel so emboldened as to "LMAO" when I'm speaking some real shit I would've had to discipline you physically. Let's keep it cordial bro bro.

Pennies is very much an exaggeration. It might not be contracts for tens of millions off tops but it will definitely be enough to live and thrive on.

My whole point is we can create a league when we decide to just like we create everything else when we decide to.

And man to man Thor, in real life if you were to feel so emboldened as to "LMAO" when I'm speaking some real shit I would've had to discipline you physically. Let's keep it cordial bro bro.

No the hell it wouldn’t

The Big 3 isn't in direct competition with the NBA. They only play a half-court game so they don't need big arenas to put on their games. Also, they make pennies compared to the NBA. You want men making millions to breach multimillion dollar contracts to play football in parks and on high school fields?

I respect sacrifice so if it's to create our own shit, sure.

Again my point is that we can create our own leagues. Nothing major happens overnight but it can be done. It's been done before.

It seems more people are mad at jay for partnering with them but not equally as mad at the athletes who make money for them people who people don't like jayz working with.

Can't be mad at only a part of a rotten apple.
Nah man, the main issue is..you decided to take enough of a stand that it threw a young brotha under the bus. You risked sacrificing a young brotha on a virtue that you chose...

The NFL has done nothing meaningful to have a honest dialogue about why they distanced themselves from Kap. Why the owners instructed member of teams that they must stand. Why they settled out of court with no disclosure of any culpability.

They have done nothing at all except allow someone to sign Eric Ried. Outside of that, there has been no change. The state now is the same state it was when he spoke up against travis scott..

But when they came to him wit the bag

anigif_enhanced-9176-1428539383-10.gif

From what I deduce....Jigga gonna allow prominent black artists as others to perform at NFL events including the Super Bowl in exchange the League will help fund some social initiative he got going....nothing to do w Kap and freedom of speech or anything

From what I deduce....Jigga gonna allow prominent black artists as others to perform at NFL events including the Super Bowl in exchange the League will help fund some social initiative he got going....nothing to do w Kap and freedom of speech or anything

Social initiative is probably have to do with black ppl like Hov been doing for a while

Depending on what exactly jay's plans are theres a lot of potential white tears to be had as a result. Ive heard a few white/hispanic ppl say they dont watch nfl anymore bc of the kneeling.

Even if nfl using jay, jay is probly using them too. While nfl might be looking for short term "optics" solution with a band aid jay probably thinking of long term slow burn takeover. Either by him or whoever he helps come after.

And if he gets his foot in the door he may eventually be in position to put other black ppl in higher places.

No racist white person sees this as good news and they will probably be crying more than ever.

Here we go with this niggaz ain't shit talk again....

Please stop with this hopeless and defeatist mindset.
We start our own business when we can't get hired, we start our own record labels if we don't get signed, we start our own broadcast networks if we're not getting broadcasted the way we want.

Now it's time to start our own leagues. Again...

We created our own leagues in baseball and basketball before and we were doing well. The only reason the leagues merged was because the real talent has always been with us and in order for the white leagues to continue or even be entertaining they needed Black bodies.
So you agree with but chose to ignore the reality?
Cmon bruh.
It's like you asking for what i been saying for years but you think I'm saying niggas ain't shit when you asking for the same?

If I say it 10 yrs and you say it 3 yrs...what has or hasn't been done in the 7yrs fir you to have to say it at the beginning of your three?

See the point.

Ok.

Back