Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
"Who cares if it's a jazz album, atleast we get music!!!"

Man shut the hell up. It's been over a decade of pump faking, of course there's gonna be a negative response after finding out it's not a solo project. Nigga's like Hov, Nas, Ye, etc can do collab/experiment projects until they're no longer with us because their legacy is cemented.

A nigga who's approaching 50, who has showed up glimpses of greatness but has never even produced one fuckin project, to niggas who really care about the genre, it's sad to watch. That's wasted potential going down the drain. It's like watching a nigga with the skills of Lebron waste it playing pick up basketball.

But go head and pump your poms poms.

*waves pom poms*

Last edited:
Jay Z needs to stick to ruining the NFL and quit trying to get shine off of Jay Elect's debut.

It’s definitely Jay Elect getting shine off Jay. Radio listeners & the mainstream at large don’t give a shit about a Jay Electronica. That’s what happens when you delay your debut by over a decade. Your average listener ain’t checking for this if Jay wasn’t on 7 plus tracks.

It’s definitely Jay Elect getting shine off Jay. Radio listeners & the mainstream at large don’t give a shit about a Jay Electronica. That’s what happens when you delay your debut by over a decade. Your average listener ain’t checking for this if Jay wasn’t on 7 plus tracks.
Your post is facts but Hov gain from this collaboration as well.. Jay Elect is probably the most pro black/muslim mc of our time, and I’m not trying to bash Hov but let’s be honest, he’s been trend hopping his whole career and in this so called “WOKE ERA” Hov out of nowhere grew freedom dreadlocks and became besties with Meek Mill (the face of prison reform) now choose to drop a collab album with one of the most pro black mc’s of our time... This is the same guy that use to call himself Euro Jay..

Your post is facts but Hov gain from this collaboration as well.. Jay Elect is probably the most pro black/muslim mc of our time, and I’m not trying to bash Hov but let’s be honest, he’s been trend hopping his whole career and in this so called “WOKE ERA” Hov out of nowhere grew freedom dreadlocks and became besties with Meek Mill (the face of prison reform) now choose to drop a collab album with one of the most pro black mc’s of our time... This is the same guy that use to call himself Euro Jay..
It's not a collaborative album

It just seems that they should have released his album 10 years ago.

Traditionally when your album is shelved there's nothing you could do about it. Back in the 80s and 90s it was expensive to mass produce CDs and have them shipped across the country/globe. But now, with streaming, if your album is shelved, for whatever reason, if you feel like your label is in breech of contract you can upload the music yourself and let the label take you to court.

Uploading an album to a distributer costs less than $100

I never got the impression that the label was holding this nigga up. In those situations, you usually hear the artist say it in public to make sure the fans dont turn on him. Also said artists will usually drop music/features to keep fans engaged. Homeboy did neither, dudue was just ghost for the most part

I never got the impression that the label was holding this nigga up. In those situations, you usually hear the artist say it in public to make sure the fans dont turn on him. Also said artists will usually drop music/features to keep fans engaged. Homeboy did neither, dudue was just ghost for the most part

Same. Check any Elec song and YouTube and the comments are filled with people sayin' Jig killed him but I can't see that at all. Seems to me he just a bum.

A super talented bum, mind you.

I think from a business perspective if Jay Electronica dropped an album on his own it wouldn't sell well at all. I dont know how much Jay invested into him but I think taking that into consideration, hearing that the Jay-Z brand will be all over this might ensure its success and a return on his investment.

At this point, I dont think Jay Electronica thinks he's going to become a GOAT or anything, it's just a matter now of getting this lazy nigga to put out an album LOLOLOLOL

That is just excuse making at it's finest.

ColeWorld.jpeg

^ Who the hell saw this going platinum. And the Jay feature wasn't even a hit.

That is just excuse making at it's finest.

ColeWorld.jpeg

^ Who the hell saw this going platinum. And the Jay feature wasn't even a hit.

I wouldn’t count that too much tho. It went plat a few years after it dropped. I think it did go gold that year tho, but Cole had the buzz and Friday Night Lights to capitalize off.

Coles buzz was nowhere even close to Jay Elecs buzz after dropping Exhibit C... so this only strengthens @Revolver Ocelot point even more

Either way I can’t see Jay Elec selling like he could of when that dropped. Dude took such a long time dropping the whole sales structure for music in general changed lol.

Either way I can’t see Jay Elec selling like he could of when that dropped. Dude took such a long time dropping the whole sales structure for music in general changed lol.

Ah ok. I thought you were comparing if they both capitalised off their respective buzz at the time

Back