Welcome To aBlackWeb

Janelle Monáe trying to cancel rappers (she is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut the shit

She could've said " I would like if my black kings would make more music uplighting my fellow black queens" and y'all would've still had an issue with what she was saying

Bullshit.

Who in here that has expressed an issue with her framing would have bashed her for saying what you just said? The worst anyone might have said was that there are rappers who make songs like that who aren't supported as much by women as the misogynistic rappers.

Bullshit.

Who in here that has expressed an issue with her framing would have bashed her for saying what you just said? The worst anyone might have said was that there are rappers who make songs like that who aren't supported as much by women as the misogynistic rappers.

Really?

:hahaha:
you don’t even know what you’re arguing at this point. Just fall back.

He said “dID yOu PoSt AnY QuEeN lAtIfAh”

I stayed on topic you wanted to derail because you were offended. Missed the whole real point of the thread because feelings.

I stayed on topic you wanted to derail because you were offended. Missed the whole real point of the thread because feelings.
She made a point that most of the hip hop from black men were misogynistic. I countered her asinine point by posting different sounds of hip hop that is not misogynistic. But I guess countering her point is off topic but arguing about whether it’s right or wrong to call her a bitch is on topic....

She made a point that most of the hip hop from black men were misogynistic. I countered her asinine point by posting different sounds of hip hop that is not misogynistic. But I guess countering her point is off topic but arguing about whether it’s right or wrong to call her a bitch is on topic....

arguing over whether it’s right or wrong to call her a bitch is the reason she made the comment. We the community dealing with it. And I appreciate all the music but a lot of those same artists made misogynistic songs too it the diversity of art. But whenever it leans one way and mainstream is always leaning the drugs money sex angle and It’s much easier to hear mainstream stuff. Her complaint seems reasonable. Why you feel she was wrong for her opinion?

Bullshit.

Have you read ANY post in here in it's entirety?

Serious question

The sooner they just admit they don't like women, these conversations would die on the first page

I remember a time when dudes were mad that the ATL snap music, while in comparison to other rap represented a small portion, it seemed to get the most airplay and they were saying the south was ruining hip hop.

A woman comes out saying she would like to see less misogynistic rap and it's "but why she gotta censor us" and now trying to preserve the right to be expressive in the art.

Dudes hate females with opposing opinions/views.

She’s a feminist and a staunch LGBT activist. Word to her All Black Lives Matter tweet. Black men are pretty much the face of hip hop so that’s why for years people have always put a negative spin on it and blame it for the problems in black society. Her saying hip hop is misogynistic is a thinly veiled attack on black men.

So attackin' hip hop is to attack the black man?

Edit. Lol this was all 12 pages ago, ignore bro

arguing over whether it’s right or wrong to call her a bitch is the reason she made the comment. We the community dealing with it. And I appreciate all the music but a lot of those same artists made misogynistic songs too it the diversity of art. But whenever it leans one way and mainstream is always leaning the drugs money sex angle and It’s much easier to hear mainstream stuff. Her complaint seems reasonable. Why you feel she was wrong for her opinion?
Which rapper called her a bitch? I thought this was about (most) of hip hop being misogynistic? I’m posting different songs from artists who has little to no misogynistic songs/verses.

I already explained why she was wrong

So attackin' hip hop is to attack the black man?

Edit. Lol this was all 12 pages ago, ignore bro
Black men are pretty much the face of hip hop so that’s why for years people have always put a negative spin on it and blame it for the problems in black society. Her saying hip hop is misogynistic is a thinly veiled attack on black men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back