Welcome To aBlackWeb

Janelle Monáe trying to cancel rappers (she is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20200704-051955_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20200704-052029_Facebook.jpg

Individuals like Janelle Monae and NoName are enemies of their own causes. You jump out the window with good intentions but land on a target so far away from your original point.

I think most people fundamentally agree that the way things are need to be improved whether its music, politics, health, etc. But the solutions some people come up with amounts to "let's do some shit that won't help at all and might even hurt our cause in the long run".

If your problem is misogyny in rap music, only listening to female rappera will not solve your problem.

She don't need to announce her feelings towards Male rappers who she thinks are misogynistic in their lyrics on social media

Just don't play OR listen to their music... problem solved

Besides, every top prominent female rapper now and before all gravitate towards hammering us with lyrics about their sexuality and private parts ...

I get money, I get high, I got bitches in my ride

You can only listen to the average rapper for so long before they all start to sound like that. I'm not mad at her at all. The game has been needing an evolution/revolution for a very long time.

facts we never agree but you’re correct it even in our R&B them niggas don’t even make love songs no more

She don't need to announce her feelings towards Male rappers who she thinks are misogynistic in their lyrics on social media

Just don't play OR listen to their music... problem solved

Besides, every top prominent female rapper now and before all gravitate towards hammering us with lyrics about their sexuality and private parts ...

But do these female rappers do that for fans or what the industry wants

But do these female rappers do that for fans or what the industry wants

I bet you the Savage remix the biggest song out now by a female rapper and alongside the biggest female entertainer on the planet...both on the charts, radio and sound systems (I personally like the jam)

I'd say it's both fans and the industry...

Sadly a woman like Rapsody will be viewed as a Hotep

I bet you the Savage remix the biggest song out now by a female rapper and alongside the biggest female entertainer on the planet...both on the charts, radio and sound systems (I personally like the jam)

I blame the fans more the artists as far as hypocrisy goes.

The ones who play "Act up you can get smacked up" then yell "protect black women"

The ones who play "Big ol freak big booty big ol treat" then yell "stop sexualizing us"

The ones who play "real ass bitch give a fuck about a nigga" then yell "where are all the good men"

This isn't a made up archetype to validate my point. These women exist with BS, Masters, and PhDs and corporate and high paying jobs. Not the girls in the hood who are too buried in their struggle to engage in gender wars. It's the same ones quick to name call someone toxic, misogynoir, dusty, hotep, etc.

The ones who say "listen to women" "men don't pay attention to signs" instead of being direct.

You can't say men hate women because some of us want women to rise above their current condition mentally.

She in the business of acting.

is she forcing studios to not make art that she is against or is she still acting?

FOH.

I don't think the tweet was well thought out...

Why is music so sexualized?
Why is some of our music about killing each other, selling drugs and promiscuity?

Because everyone is a product of their environment. And that's what the music reflects.

So in order to break the cycle of misogyny, there must be a healing of the people that produce the art first, imo

The thing is, I actually took a survey few years ago. All girls want to get triple penetrated by three guys that have taken a shower.

Janelle Monie herself wishes she was being triple penetrated by three guys that have taken a shower.

I'm not being mysoginistic, but ask any girl on Earth if she would object to being triple penetrated by three guys that have taken a shower and I bet you can't find one girl that won't do it.
something is wrong with you.

For me I think it all goes back to BALANCE. Sure alot of the music that is in the mainstream might be on some negative shit.. whether it comes from male or female rappers.

Sometimes I wanna hear some uplifting shit.. sometimes I wanna hear some ignant shit.. sometimes I wanna hear some smooth shit.. sometimes I just wanna hear some shit to two step to.. The problem comes in where ALL we hear is the ignant shit and that's it...

Fact of the matter is she mighta been able to get this argument off back when all we had was radio. These days what we hear... is what we choose to listen to tho. We can curate our own damn playlists...

I don't think the tweet was well thought out...

Why is music so sexualized?
Why is some of our music about killing each other, selling drugs and promiscuity?

Because everyone is a product of their environment. And that's what the music reflects.

So in order to break the cycle of misogyny, there must be a healing of the people that produce the art first, imo

It's mostly a product of what's been pushed. Conscious rap has never been given the push that Gangsta rap was.

I always think it's funny when feminists go on these rants. From what I've seen women like that shitty oversexualized rap as much or more than dudes. When people stop supporting that type of music it will go away.

Can't buy what's not being sold.

This is for the leeches, termites, and vultures that sit at the heads of radio stations, record labels, talent agencies, and streaming apps that greenlight the promotion and production of music that degrades the people.

Sadly i've seen some women criticize Rapsody as a "pick me" because she's not making songs about trying to scam niggas or putting a price/vacation amount on her pussy. So even alot of women don't appreciate women who don't rap about the same shit men rap about.

I mean this isnt exactly breaking news but men and women...particularly young men and women like to have sex.

How you gonna tell a bunch of 21, 22 year olds with raging fuckin hormones to all of make songs about making sweet gentle love in 2020?

Even on this website...whats the most popular thread? Thats the audience (and the female equivalent to that) music is catered to nowadays...

So if youre in your early 30s like i am...just enjoy the beat if you dont like the lyrics. Or you can listen to the other hundreds of artists out there that dont make that music at the access of your fingertips.

I mean this isnt exactly breaking news but men and women...particularly young men and women like to have sex.

How you gonna tell a bunch of 21, 22 year olds with raging fuckin hormones to all of make songs about making sweet gentle love in 2020?

Even on this website...whats the most popular thread? Thats the audience (and the female equivalent to that) music is catered to nowadays...

So if youre in your early 30s like i am...just enjoy the beat if you dont like the lyrics. Or you can listen to the other hundreds of artists out there that dont make that music at the access of your fingertips.

This is true...but then once could also say a good number of the most popular artist are in their 30 so they should be able to expand their subject matter beyond what they were talking about when they were 21. I read an article somebody wrote about Drake that describes that pretty much said Drake's original audience grew up, but Drake's music didn't grow up with them and he's still talking about pretty much the same shit he was when he first blew up and that's why his music rings hollow now to that same group. You can apply that to alot of artist. Yeah some have their "niche" but even then there's only so many ways you can rewrite the same type of song

Sadly i've seen some women criticize Rapsody as a "pick me" because she's not making songs about trying to scam niggas or putting a price/vacation amount on her pussy. So even alot of women don't appreciate women who don't rap about the same shit men rap about.
This is the shit I'm talking about.

Any woman I've ever known to call another woman a "pick me" is college educated, career driven, artsy, masterfully articulate, and entrenched in feminist rhetoric.

So it bewilders and disappoints me when they make it a point to bully and tear down women who have the nerve not to indulge in "men are trash" talk. I feel like they should know better than anyone how wrong that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back