Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ja Rule Releasing Visuals For Every Song In Discography

So, he says he's makin vids for every song

then asks what songs we wanna see vids for?

tenor.gif

I was listening to Music Choice this morning and they played I'm Real. The song is ok but I can't understand how he was the hottest rapper, selling multi-plat and outselling Jay Z and Nas.

When Jay and Nas were beefing Ja Rule outsold both of them.

I was listening to Music Choice this morning and they played I'm Real. The song is ok but I can't understand how he was the hottest rapper, selling multi-plat and outselling Jay Z and Nas.

He went pop into that MTV TRL crowd which was nothing but white kids, Jay and Nas at that time didn't have that market

He was making super friendly radio music and completely tailored his sound for mostly radio. While jay n nas were playing both sides of the fence, radio/street music. They were gaining new fans w the radio shit, but still supplying their core fan base. Which is why they have longevity and are still relevant and Ja isn't, bc he did the opposite. He had the higher apex, but it came w a hefty price. Radio fans are fickle as fuck, he lost most of that venni vetti vicci crowd after the 2nd album

Anyways. Ja got alotta dope songs in his catalog. I'll watch any videos from that 1st album and a bunch from that 2nd one..shit had some bangers. It was just overshadowed by the singles. I think the def jam/murder Inc people ain't help Ja. They shoulda made some of them street joint singles too...6 feet underground n some of them hard records coulda helped him keep his edge in the public's eye, in the way that "warning" helped balance biggie's image during his radio singles shit. Jay dropped "girls, girls, girls" and "song cry" off BP, but the 1st single was H to the izzo. That shit being the 1st single helped him get leeway w his fans to drop the girl records. IMO

Even when jay dropped "excuse me miss". He followed it w a remix, where he said "fuck all that singing let's get right tonight". That's not a coincidence, that's a very well thought out image plan. Artists that maintain longevity in hip hop figure out the importance of balance n image

He went pop into that MTV TRL crowd which was nothing but white kids, Jay and Nas at that time didn't have that market

Yall forgetting he was doing what Drake is doing today. Making songs catered to the female audience that they could sing along to. It doesnt matter that he couldnt sing.

And whos gunna get excited at the thought of someone making a music video, to songs that were made and released almost 20 years ago.

Back