Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW J. Cole - KOD

And was it me or was this dude influenced by K. Dots sound effects on his albums? Some songs on here had that feel

Listened to it on my way to work this morning... It's

4U6.gif
Idk maybe I was a little distracted but I kept getting this Kendrick did it first vibe and while it does sound a bit different than what he done in the past, it wasn't overly innovative. Couple of these tracks could of been on his last album or his one before that.

I think the 4:44 is the last album that was just instant classic as soon as you heard it.

Cole did say he was influenced by Damn.

Kendrick was performing in Detroit and Cole saw the energy and how K Dot controlled the crowd and he knew wanted to have that same impact with his next album

so i've given this a full listen from front to back(40 mile commute to work....lot of time to dig in lol) and it's still ok to me....again better than the last one but outside of ATM, Motive8 and Brackets this is too "soft" and melo for me....the lyrics were there which i was able to appreciate more as i drove...Kevin's Hart fuckin spoke to me(damn.....i got some issues and skeletons i got to clear up asap lmao) but outside of that.... the singing and the slower tempo songs are just skippable(for a drive) to me.......i definitely have to be in a certain vibe to put this on....i feel like since Born Sinner Cole has taken a different direction in which he said fuck being a star imma just be an artist which is cool but to be one of the top 3 MC's in the game right now i feel like he should do more to prove he still belongs in the conversation with Kendrick and Aubrey.....either more collabs or better production and bigger records cuz some of these songs could've had a bigger impact on the album and the game period but i feel will fall on deaf ears outside of Cole's fans.

and i also want Cole to be HAPPY...in hip hop....he's too emo right now lol

ATM rocks though, to me the best song on the album and I like the entendre with the title... Has an ATCQ vibe to it

If he produced that kudos to him

Yeah. Nah.
Im just looking for a quick flip

Nah, u gotta look at shit like this as an investment. The Damn autographed vinyl is already between 200 (lowest) - 1.2k online and it just hit it's 1 year anniversary a week ago. I got it for 50.

I'm tellin you bruh, in about 8 years or so, i'll be able to sell this shit for about 5k.

Nah, u gotta look at shit like this as an investment. The Damn autographed vinyl is already between 200 (lowest) - 12k online and it just hit it's 1 year anniversary a week ago. I got it for 50.

I'm tellin you bruh, in about 8 years or so, i'll be able to sell this shit for about 5k.
I might have to start getting into the vinyl game, but I actually want to listen to them

Might make this my first cop

Budden's take on the album was pretty spot on...go peep the podcast

sorry i don't know how to cut and splice and embed lol

Listened to it while playing a game of horse

KOD is my favorite joint now

Cole said hes helping kill Edward finish up his solo album

Anyone tryn hear that?

Follow @killhisways on twitter

Back