Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW J. Cole - The Off-Season

There's a happy medium between no features and making a dj khaled album

This right here. Some songs just scream for a certain type of artist to be featured somewhere, hook, bridge or a verse. Doesn't need to be the hottest rapper out, but sometimes u hear a song and just go "damn if so n so had jumped on this" or "damn if a female rapper would have given a female perspective" that woulda been dope. Think Rapsody on that Kendrick album.

Im a big J.cole fan...he can do better than his last two albums. I'm not gonna trash him or nothing. But he got it in em. He can do better than his last two. Guy is TOO talented.

He doesn't need features to be better though. I don't think the lack of features is holding him back.

But I'm also somebody who thinks J. Cole is a top 5 rapper right now. Cole, much like Drake is the complete package when it comes to this rap shit. Once you've reached that point the chinks in your armor aren't really chinks.

I don't see the lack of features as an issue for any artist. I do think that having too many features can be detrimental though.

He doesn't need features to be better though. I don't think the lack of features is holding him back.

But I'm also somebody who thinks J. Cole is a top 5 rapper right now. Cole, much like Drake is the complete package when it comes to this rap shit. Once you've reached that point the chinks in your armor aren't really chinks.

I don't see the lack of features as an issue for any artist. I do think that having too many features can be detrimental though.

Cole to me is a top 3 rapper right now. I still think is Kendrick, Cole, drake in whatever order u wanna put them. Did Forrest Hills Drive have features?

This version of Cole is about to drop a album. Bars on bars. Can't wait.

The only thing I could ask for after this would be a collaboration with KRIT which I'm not sure would even be possible.

I love this flow, it caught me off guard at first but I like it lol

As a Jermaine Cole fan, I was anticipating hearing from him since his absence so this interlude gave me exactly what I needed. I missed his storytelling and the interlude slightly reminded me of Friday Night Lights....

Hopefully, we are passed the recycled jokes and can have some real hip hop talk about this album when it drops:shrug2:

Back