Welcome To aBlackWeb

it's time for the uncomfortable conversation about...........

This is another reason why job choice is important. People only think about salary a lot of the time, but as you get older and have more responsibility, you start to realize that benefits are as important as salary. Life insurance is one of those benefits.

Yep, got 10k life insurance through my job as a benefit. My brother knows what to do if I die before him.

I went and setup a payment plan for my dad funeral service. He wants to be cremated. Actually pretty good meeting and felt good setting this all up. Got another appointment to go through and setup a payment plan for myself. They called it a pre-needs service.Also spoke to a life insurance agent about a policy on my dad and my son( only got a 10k policy for my son).

Still gotta decide on what I want to do with my policies. I have two 10k term policies with my employer.And I have 100k vgli(veterans group life term) policy that I probably need to convert.

This how much my 100k policy is each month. It auto renews every 5 years and the price goes up.
30-34 $9
35-39 $12
40-44 $16
45-49 $21
50-54 $33
55-59 $60
60-64 $99
65-69 $147
70-74 $226
75-79 $428
80+ $400

20211008_142443.jpg

My cousin lost his wife Friday RIP luckily she had insurance on herself but it was mostly enough to bury her and funeral cost. She always said she didn't want a casket but to cremate her. Now her side of the family is not trying to hear that. My cuz feels like he's being torn between what she said to him and what grieving family is wanting.

I said all that to said this........insurance is a must but another must is a living will so there want be any arguing from family.

Please look into that as well internet friends

So my brother and I finally setup and finalize a final expense policy for my father today (2.5 hour meeting). It was super informative but also sad at parts for me. I don't express sadness in front of anybody. It comes off as anger kinda. But I felt a lil sad today.

@Old Man Cain made this thread and while everything else here is mainly a jokey joke. This thread and my experience with this is really emotional for me.

Burying your family member with no plan or money is the worst.

And even the conversation today. My dad has health issues so the most we can get is $15,000. While I can do another policy via another company. At some point paying $300+ a month to get money when you die...it don' sit right with me.

Like the conversation was real but hard. My dad a real blunt man and he is like I gotta died in 3 years for this to make sense. After three years you paying more into it. The insurance guy trying to highlight the interest etc etc.

And then the guy was telling us about how white funeral homes usually have the crematorium and how the black ones have to go through them. That's why many white funeral homes are cheaper. (We were asking about cost of cremations)

Don't put this shit off. It has taken me some time to shop and get prices and then get my brother and dad together. Then to find out my brother don't have a life insurance policy today ! You really don't want your kid or other family having to pull together money and sort through this.Involve all family and talk about these things.

Okay off my soapbox

I have mine through my employer. I'm happy with it. I decided to add an AD&D which will payout handsomely although I hope it never gets used

One thing I didn't know until last month is suicides void insurance plans

And I learn how the Insurance company is setup today. Like dude was kinda blunt once my dad was like cut the shit.

He said it just like that lol. And it spark a real honest truth about how claims get denied due to the smallest thing. Like your driving record could prevent you for getting a payout depending on the type policy you have.

Feel like I need to take a class to learn the real deal.

Back