Welcome To aBlackWeb

it's time for the uncomfortable conversation about...........

Insurance is also an investment vehicle if used right. But thats another conversation and thread.
But it can also be used to create generational wealth.

And a few other tricks but basically this.
This should be its own thread tho

Did a thread for this ever get made @DOS_patos ? If not I think this is as good as any. Definitely should be highlighting the benefits so that people can better understand the need.

@Sion, I read thru the thread and noticed you hadn't chimed in. Anything you care to add as well?

I have mine through my employer. I'm happy with it. I decided to add an AD&D which will payout handsomely although I hope it never gets used

One thing I didn't know until last month is suicides void insurance plans
Yup, they're not playing that and you need a special policy if you're in the army or other high risk position.

Hell your job if you're a major piece can take a policy out on you

Let me add….
Don’t look at it as waiting to cash out when someone dies. It’s not your job to insure someone.
It’s everyone’s job to insure themselves to be sure their family is good after they pass.

the moment you begin to insure someone other than kids or spouse, that’s when the feeling happens. And it’s kinda messed up to put that on someone to do for you.
Now while I understand doing it for your parents, the real questions should be why didn’t they do it for themselves.
Financial responsibility is beyond just paying bills on time,

bump.

Any suggestions on insurance companies?
Any ones to steer away from that have bad reputations or that are known to give people a hard time when it's time to collect?

bump.

Any suggestions on insurance companies?
Any ones to steer away from that have bad reputations or that are known to give people a hard time when it's time to collect?
Look at what your current insurance offers for life insurance. Don't know about yours but mine offers life insurance but I just haven't used theirs because I have one with my job

That's a process that you yourself have to be comfortable with the company you choose. AIG Direct and Fidelity Life is good for me but they may be different for you. Get yourself a good life insurance agent and talk it out with him/her on what you want/need for your family to be taken care of

Look at what your current insurance offers for life insurance. Don't know about yours but mine offers life insurance but I just haven't used theirs because I have one with my job

preciate yall. Just wanted to make sure if/when I made the leap I wasnt getting in bed with a company thats got a reputation for being difficult when it comes to paying folks what theyre owed

preciate yall. Just wanted to make sure if/when I made the leap I wasnt getting in bed with a company thats got a reputation for being difficult when it comes to paying folks what theyre owed
I got curious and googled it. Surprised USAA is listed. I may get it just to have multiple ones but currently not happy with them increasing my insurance rate right now lol

funny enough the day after I posted in there my job sent out forms to update our beneficiaries. Interesting timing 🤨

Benefits are pretty good but I may still get something outside of the job

Back