Welcome To aBlackWeb

it's time for the uncomfortable conversation about...........

LIFE INSURANCE

All of you ABW/IC and whatever else forum you came from lets have a real conversation about your death or your loved ones death and how would you/they pay for it. I've seen it too many times where people in my family and myself included had to come up with ways to lay their loved ones to rest.

There is no reason that should be happening especially when there are multiple means to fix this situation.

So do any of you don't have the insurance and what is the reason why? Have you just put it off like most have?

If you a man with a family, you should have it. If you don't, you better go get it. I don't see how you can call yourself responsible if you don't.

That said, I'm worth more dead than alive, so if I disappear off here, you know what happened.
I got caught up when my wife passed. I was in cali working and ironically the day she passed was the day I was signing the paperwork for life insurance. Never got a chance to fill out the paperwork and had to pay the funeral cost out of pocket. Thankfully I had the money to handle it BUT that should've never been the case from the jump.

That always weighed heavily on my mind

I have had life insurance my entire life. My grandmother had a policy on me when I was a kid. My dad takes a policy out on each of his grandchildren the moment they are born. I have policies on my whole family. Unfortunately, I've had to use that policy on my daughter already. Additionally, I was able to use the policy my dad had on her to buy her headstone promptly, which was important to me. All of it was very expensive and wouldn't have been possible without insurance. Well, my daughter being 6-years old and dying from cancer may have been something people would have supported financially, but it was nice to not have to ask.

The other benefit is that when I die, my wife will be financially equipped to take care of everything that needs taken care of with some to spare. She won't have any extra worry about debts, taxes, and etc....

One thing that's for certain is all of us are headed that way...

I got caught up when my wife passed. I was in cali working and ironically the day she passed was the day I was signing the paperwork for life insurance. Never got a chance to fill out the paperwork and had to pay the funeral cost out of pocket. Thankfully I had the money to handle it BUT that should've never been the case from the jump.

Sorry to hear that bro.

LIFE INSURANCE

All of you ABW/IC and whatever else forum you came from lets have a real conversation about your death or your loved ones death and how would you/they pay for it. I've seen it too many times where people in my family and myself included had to come up with ways to lay their loved ones to rest.

There is no reason that should be happening especially when there are multiple means to fix this situation.

So do any of you don't have the insurance and what is the reason why? Have you just put it off like most have?
I think even if you don’t have kids or a s/o you can get if for your niece or nephew. Or favorite cousin.

I would also suggest putting a down payment on a coffin, and grave plot, head stone and plan out where you want to be buried, have a will, pre need trust ti mention a few things.
Puc out the picture you want to use.
Place passwords to social media in an envelope and place it in a safe or safe deposit box.

then let’s talk about how much insurance you have left over.

your spouse should have 5 yrs worth of your income.
Can it pay off the house?
Can your child choose college and pay for it.
Do you have an idea of how you want the money spent.

thank you for starting this convo @Old Man Cain
We as men need this.

Yeah, I forgot about having my wife set up for a while since I'm the primary earner. I wasn't thinking about the funeral costs should the worst happen. Thankfully she's still here with me, but I did remedy that oversight.

Sorry you had to go through that at all though.

I have had life insurance my entire life. My grandmother had a policy on me when I was a kid. My dad takes a policy out on each of his grandchildren the moment they are born. I have policies on my whole family. Unfortunately, I've had to use that policy on my daughter already. Additionally, I was able to use the policy my dad had on her to buy her headstone promptly, which was important to me. All of it was very expensive and wouldn't have been possible without insurance. Well, my daughter being 6-years old and dying from cancer may have been something people would have supported financially, but it was nice to not have to ask.

The other benefit is that when I die, my wife will be financially equipped to take care of everything that needs taken care of with some to spare. She won't have any extra worry about debts, taxes, and etc....

One thing that's for certain is all of us are headed that way...
Sorry to hear about your daughter bro.

Yeah, I forgot about having my wife set up for a while since I'm the primary earner. I wasn't thinking about the funeral costs should the worst happen. Thankfully she's still here with me, but I did remedy that oversight.

Sorry you had to go through that at all though.
Have her a policy and just get yourself a burial policy that will pay for the funeral cost, coffin and headstone.

appreciate it bro it taught me a valuable lesson in more ways than one

Sorry hear that bruh.

when my wife and I got married I always wanted to talk about the what if...she thought it was morbid and avoided it.
then one day she came across what I call “for the living when I’m home” book.

she was impressed at how much I planned for my passing to the point she thought I was dying. I explained why I did it and she cried for a few days and then got herself situated.

even got her mom situated.
ain’t nothing wrong with wanting a transition to be as smooth as possible.

but now together.....let’s get each other right.

Back