Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Google IT cert is a very basic cert (right now) A+ is good starting off point to learn aspect of a computer BUT Net+, Sec+ are the better of the two and are highly needed in the government contractor sector. The Cisco certs CCNA,CCNP and so on are the industry standards and hold more weight in the private world. Not telling you what to do but just wanting to let you know how it is on a time mgmt type of thing.

I'm about to grab another PM cert maybe Agile cert and then I'm going to quit fucking around and finally get myself that CCNA/CCNP. My trajectory is to go the IT PM route, so far I'm doing aight but I need to focus especially since my foot is in the door. Current job I have is great money great but it's more money out there and I need that.

Get yourself in the doors fellas, learn the system reach back help the next guy in the door, hopefully he/she will do the same so you can all win. It's so many things our community is missing out on and I want our people in the doors in the meetings and winning

Im just using the Google cert as a learning tool more than anything. I’m not expecting it to hold much weight. Those Compta certs are definitely the way to go I do wanna get Security+ at least. I was looking to break into networking but with such a high demand for cybersecurity right now it really does feel like the way to go. You’re definitely right about helping each other out there’s still very few black people who are successful in this field but it’s growing.

The retired engineer that told me about the job let me know that if I do it well, learn about it as much as I can and get the PMP certification, they would have no issue with hiring me as a project manager. 2023 about to be epic

:clawd2:
Bro, that PMP cert is no joke. I studied that for that bitch for about 3mos straight. I'm gooing to save you a headache and give you some real advice. STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST

the test is about 3-4hrs long 205 questions with a lot of repetition of question that sound and look the same but aren't.

Once you pass my nigga...........all the doors you thought of never even walking up to is now open. IT PM makes no less 100k and you can work two jobs if you want to because the work is easy so that's 2 100k jobs you can do without breaking a sweat.

Get that money bro

Bro, that PMP cert is no joke. I studied that for that bitch for about 3mos straight. I'm gooing to save you a headache and give you some real advice. STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST
STUDY THE PRACTICE TEST

the test is about 3-4hrs long 205 questions with a lot of repetition of question that sound and look the same but aren't.

Once you pass my nigga...........all the doors you thought of never even walking up to is now open. IT PM makes no less 100k and you can work two jobs if you want to because the work is easy so that's 2 100k jobs you can do without breaking a sweat.

Get that money bro
Matter a fact I believe I have the practice test somewhere on one of my jump drives and other study material. DM if you want them it'll take me a minute to find them but i'll shoot them to you if you want them joints.

Matter a fact I believe I have the practice test somewhere on one of my jump drives and other study material. DM if you want them it'll take me a minute to find them but i'll shoot them to you if you want them joints.

you sent me a lot of material last year for the PMP. I was actually looking at some of it last night

@Old Man Cain you said you have been in project management for 20+ years so you already had a lot of experience prior to taking the certification exam so you didn’t really need to log in a certain amount of hours. Would I have to take some courses in order to get some experience and hours?

@Old Man Cain you said you have been in project management for 20+ years so you already had a lot of experience prior to taking the certification exam so you didn’t really need to log in a certain amount of hours. Would I have to take some courses in order to get some experience and hours?

No sir not that long, been a Pm for about 6-7yrs I've had my PMP cert since March this year. I've been in the telecom game having multiple titles like service tech, lineman, copper/fiber splicer, construction mgr, Engineer, Project Mgr and currently a Program Mgr.

If you go thru the PMI website that will give you experience hours. PMI will ask you about PM hours and want a copy of your resume, don't always check so you can put on your resume that you held the PM role

No sir not that long, been a Pm for about 6-7yrs I've had my PMP cert since March this year. I've been in the telecom game having multiple titles like service tech, lineman, copper/fiber splicer, construction mgr, Engineer, Project Mgr and currently a Program Mgr.

If you go thru the PMI website that will give you experience hours. PMI will ask you about PM hours and want a copy of your resume, don't always check so you can put on your resume that you held the PM role

I like the PMI site. Got some free classes on there. How you get hours on there?

Back