Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm gonna recommend 'Learn python the hard way' by Zed Shaw. That book seemed the closest to the curriculum I remembered being drilled in me back in high school lol. One thing in this field is you're gonna be doing independent research alot. It can be daunting in real-life scenarios, but generally, this book always presented the questions straightforward. Like for instance, you might need to look up 'how to write to a file using python'.
Good looking out fam, thanks. I tried looking up where to start online but got overwhelmed by the sheer amount of info

I need a remote job or something the new job I got has me basically acting as lvl 2 support for 7 different health centers around my home I do my tickets check my sites and go home and mostly I’m kinda on call thought the day I have mad time to have 2-3 remote jobs

Have the interview with Google today to say I'm geeked up is an understatement

Let us know how the interview went
I had to go thru 5 interviews for that role mane. The recruiter reached out Friday and said "it's looking the management team wants you BUT don't celebrate just yet because now you have to sit with the Hiring Committee sometime soon". If that goes well I will get the offer letter lol smh

I had to go thru 5 interviews for that role mane. The recruiter reached out Friday and said "it's looking the management team wants you BUT don't celebrate just yet because now you have to sit with the Hiring Committee sometime soon". If that goes well I will get the offer letter lol smh

I seriously hope you get it. As for me, my boy is gonna send me some referrals for some of the positions. I really hate my current job but I’m trying to be patient. It will all pay off if I get one of these high paying Microsoft jobs

Sound like a lot of hoops to jump through but I’m not surprised. Good luck man.

My boy told me to apply to sales and customer service jobs at Microsoft. Because I don’t have much technical experience, I wouldn’t be considered for those jobs over others with that experience. So I did applied to like 10 jobs and hoping for the best. I desperately need a new job

I was offered the position today will not receive the offer letter till sometime next week
Got the offer letter yesterday , I jumped high with the salary but they wouldn't move on the salary offered which I already knew they wouldn't BUT they did give me a huge sign on bonus and upped my stock options. That actually met the salary that I jumped for and 100k more if I include the salary.

The cert's are not really respected and not industry standard like CompTIA and Cisco by most companies BUT I've been told they teach you a lot of stuff

That happened to me. When I had an interview and told them I had the google IT certification, they laughed. It’s fine to get but doesn’t do much when it comes to jobs

Back