Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s a pretty dope city. For work, you’ll find an assortment of opportunities due to the technological-centric industries and companies based here. For life, YMMV based on how culturally rooted you are to home. It’s pretty white out here - staggering sometimes. Sorta diverse but nothing compared to some of the other major hubs in the country - as the mountain state, I tend to find personalities and lifestyles reflect that (active, engaging, some neurotic community) but nonetheless I can’t lie the quality of life is right, the women are dope, and well everything else you’ve probably heard too

It’s a pretty dope city. For work, you’ll find an assortment of opportunities due to the technological-centric industries and companies based here. For life, YMMV based on how culturally rooted you are to home. It’s pretty white out here - staggering sometimes. Sorta diverse but nothing compared to some of the other major hubs in the country - as the mountain state, I tend to find personalities and lifestyles reflect that (active, engaging, some neurotic community) but nonetheless I can’t lie the quality of life is right, the women are dope, and well everything else you’ve probably heard too
Tbh my two biggest worries are nature (being attacked by cougars, bears, and mooses) and the winter season. Also the fact that my IT career has not grown yet since I'm still wrapping up my degree and my current profession is constructing contracts for sales and pricing. I know my girl will be straight though since her career of choice is science

Its hard to find opportunities that train. Does anyone have any recommendations or what to search for?

@IceManKamReturns I heard Colorado was very expensive to live in? How is the weather? What do you do and what company?

iight, i need help yall....

I need a career change... fuck this job.....

i prolly should get into IT considering the work i do... but i have no idea where to start, or even what jobs in IT would be best for me,....

the shit i do with now deals with print management programs like

netaphor Site audit

pharos

i could easily manage or be an admin for something like that, but where would i start?

i prolly should get into IT considering the work i do... but i have no idea where to start, or even what jobs in IT would be best for me,....

netaphor Site audit

pharos

i could easily manage or be an admin for something like that, but where would i start?
You can def be an office manager..you would need to figure out a cert to chase..project management (pmp) sounds fitting
There are a bunch of spots in the b more area all the way down to silver spring.... you just ahave to narrow down the what and the salary that fits u

netaphor Site audit

pharos

get a resume going and send it to aerotek , teksystems, robert half (places in our area)
talk to a recruiter and explain to them you are possibly looking for a career switch and based off you rezi what do they think is a good transition

Its hard to find opportunities that train. Does anyone have any recommendations or what to search for?

@IceManKamReturns I heard Colorado was very expensive to live in? How is the weather? What do you do and what company?

It’s definitely pricey, not as taxing as major east coast hubs like Boston and NY but significantly above the country’s average. If you’re in the industry you’ll make enough to live here fortunately. Four seasons, sporadic snow in the winter, warm summers, really nice falls.

Can’t say.

It’s definitely pricey, not as taxing as major east coast hubs like Boston and NY but significantly above the country’s average. If you’re in the industry you’ll make enough to live here fortunately. Four seasons, sporadic snow in the winter, warm summers, really nice falls.

Can’t say.
@IceManKamReturns Gotcha. How did you get your opportunity if you can speak on that? Do you know of any companies that train so people can get experience?

@Mooney You in the DMV too?

@IceManKamReturns Gotcha. How did you get your opportunity if you can speak on that? Do you know of any companies that train so people can get experience?

@Mooney You in the DMV too?
I went through the college mill and got a Bachelor’s in CSC, after that it was a matter of applications, interviews, and false promises until I got my break with my current company. I hate how hard the industry portrays itself to be - anyone with an affinity towards understanding systems could pick up much of what occurs with IT, but my best bet for anyone looking to get a foot in is dive into networking, scripting, and some other IT affiliated knowledge

I went through the college mill and got a Bachelor’s in CSC, after that it was a matter of applications, interviews, and false promises until I got my break with my current company. I hate how hard the industry portrays itself to be - anyone with an affinity towards understanding systems could pick up much of what occurs with IT, but my best bet for anyone looking to get a foot in is dive into networking, scripting, and some other IT affiliated knowledge
I got my BS last year. Still need a cert. Do you have any certs?

Back