Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are Google career certificates a good way to get started ?

That happened to me. When I had an interview and told them I had the google IT certification, they laughed. It’s fine to get but doesn’t do much when it comes to jobs

I considered getting a goggle cert but I herd the horror stories of not being taken seriously when trying to get a job. I’m very sure it’s a good place to start learning tho. Comptia and Cisco the standards. I been learning a lot on YouTube, there’s practically whole courses dedicated to certs on there. Shooting for getting my A+ and CCNA this summer.

Best books on coding ??

That depends on what language you wanna learn and what you tryna do.

Are you trying to develop software?

Are you doing data analysis?

Are you hacking?

I don't think books are good for learning how to code. It's always easier these days to just sign up for CodeAcademy or FreeCodeCamp or an MOOC or take a Udemy course so you have a clear and concise project to complete and you feel like you achieved something.

Books are good reference material once you already know how to code and you are looking for a specific use case.

Like you already know Python, but you are looking to learn about data mining.

You already know C++ about you are looking to learn about exploit development.

That's my 2 cents.

That depends on what language you wanna learn and what you tryna do.

Are you trying to develop software?

Are you doing data analysis?

Are you hacking?

I don't think books are good for learning how to code. It's always easier these days to just sign up for CodeAcademy or FreeCodeCamp or an MOOC or take a Udemy course so you have a clear and concise project to complete and you feel like you achieved something.

Books are good reference material once you already know how to code and you are looking for a specific use case.

Like you already know Python, but you are looking to learn about data mining.

You already know C++ about you are looking to learn about exploit development.

That's my 2 cents.

Thanks,yeah I was ordering books today and I thought about getting some on Coding. I was thinking about just starting with "Coding for dummies" there was also a "Eveything you need to know about Python" book too.

Thanks,yeah I was ordering books today and I thought about getting some on Coding. I was thinking about just starting with "Coding for dummies" there was also a "Eveything you need to know about Python" book too.

I mean you can but I don't think it would be effective.

Udemy be having sales for new accounts. Better off just going on there and buying a course and knocking it out.

Or you can go on freecodecamp.com if you don't wanna spend money.

You gonna end up referring to Google and shit and reading 5-10 year old stackoverflow posts like the old days using a book anyway.

At least with courses and shit like Codeacademy and FreeCodeCamp you got like an active guide.

Books are cool but there's superior learning material out there that give you projects and shit.

Shorty right here got you making games like pong in Python.

Way better than anything a book can give you as a beginner.

Last edited:
We have a beer dispenser in our office 😳👀🤣. New office will have a full bar

We used to have beer in fridges when I worked at Zappos. Threw me off when I went in for that first day to meet my team and these Indian cats were all sittin off sippin brews while we were talking.

This is what I have for Python. I haven't done a lot with it, but it's seems pretty decent so far. I wrote a webscraper in python to automate data retrieval from a website some years ago. First time ever using it for any reason and it worked out pretty well (had to add the Selenium test suite to it to get past a few issues). Figured I'd get back around to Python eventually but I'm only just now doing it.

20220914_145132.jpg

Back