Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man I cant do PM work. Chasing mfers down, keeping them on track to finish on time aint for me.

The money is good though.

Im starting to feel ready to take the step to becoming a solutions architect. On some fuck an app, let me come in and design and build a whole system for you. My focus is on event driven architecture.

Been really working on Azure Apps a ton. Once I got that locked down and I have a good understanding on a ton of the apps available on Azure, im gonna take the step

Azure is no joke. When I get the IT job I’ve been working on (hopefully), I’m gonna try to get the AZ 900 certification again

I'm really debating getting my Azure or AWS Cert. One or both certs with my PMP cert will have me standing out amongst the other IT PM's

I’m already familiar with azure. That’s the main reason why I’m going for that certification

@Old Man Cain how did that interview go?
I didn't get one and I was offered another role. I really wanted the IT PM role but I don't have as much experience as they wanted.

Friday a brother a I used to engineer jobs for asked me to submit my resume over at Google for PM role like the current role I have now. He gave my resume to the Director so we shall see. They need a 2nd PM to run the Google Fiber here in the South.

Microsoft just opened a role up like the one I have now running there new fiber division. Paying 155-180k about to apply for it

These recruiters are all full of shit lol

After you have the interview, most won’t even update you. They just ghost you

Still looking for IT jobs. I’ve had interviews for weeks but nothing yet. Still looking

Last edited:
These recruiters are all full of shit lol

After you have the interview, most won’t even update you. They just ghost you

Still looking for IT jobs. I’ve had interviews for weeks but nothing yet. Still looking
Just a FYI Microsoft here in Charlotte is hiring all types of roles same goes for all the banks here as well and they're all remote roles

Just a FYI Microsoft here in Charlotte is hiring all types of roles same goes for all the banks here as well and they're all remote roles

Yo I just remembered that one of my old friends, his wife and him moved to Charlotte because she got a engineer job at Microsoft there. Let me hit him up

Yeah bro you better use that connect and get yourself in the door. I'm using a old connect to get me into Google

Holy shit

I just spent an hour talking to my boy and he actually works for Microsoft now. He’s making a killing!! Him and his wife make close to a million combined working for Microsoft. He told me it may take some time but he’s gonna help me every step of the way to get in and I may have to move to Charlotte. Like you said, Charlotte is hiring like crazy. He’s got some good connections in Charlotte and he still gets crazy offers from banks for easy jobs. It’s insane. Oh I can’t wait

Last edited:
Holy shit

I just spent an hour talking to my boy and he actually works for Microsoft now. He’s making a killing!! Him and his wife make close to a million combined working for Microsoft. He told me it may take some time but he’s gonna help me every step of the way to get in and I may have to move to Charlotte. Like you said, Charlotte is hiring like crazy. He’s got some good connections in Charlotte and he still gets crazy offers from banks for easy jobs. It’s insane. Oh I can’t wait
Oh word????

Ok maybe I exaggerated lol. They are at least making half of that combined

But they told me if I wanna make alot of money, I’d have to move to Charlotte. I’m willing to do that if need be

I could probably still make a good living working remote and staying in Florida but I wouldn’t mind a change of scenery

Ok maybe I exaggerated lol. They are at least making half of that combined

But they told me if I wanna make alot of money, I’d have to move to Charlotte. I’m willing to do that if need be

I could probably still make a good living working remote and staying in Florida but I wouldn’t mind a change of scenery
Man get that money bro

lol I think im leaning that way because as a developer I hate having to chase down managers and higher ups for the shit we need to do our work efficiently. Feels like half the time we're managing them.

Good shit tho! There are so many damn directions we can take this information and make some decent bread. It can be dizzying as fuck trying to decide at times honestly lol
Agreed! Yeah i do front end design and it changes quite a bit - version installs, new API changes, industry standard stuff. Smorgasbord of stuff.

I didn't get one and I was offered another role. I really wanted the IT PM role but I don't have as much experience as they wanted.

Friday a brother a I used to engineer jobs for asked me to submit my resume over at Google for PM role like the current role I have now. He gave my resume to the Director so we shall see. They need a 2nd PM to run the Google Fiber here in the South.

Microsoft just opened a role up like the one I have now running there new fiber division. Paying 155-180k about to apply for it
Have the interview with Google today to say I'm geeked up is an understatement

Anyone have recommended reading for just getting into coding. Wanna maximize my time while putting my kid to sleep

Anyone have recommended reading for just getting into coding. Wanna maximize my time while putting my kid to sleep
I'm gonna recommend 'Learn python the hard way' by Zed Shaw. That book seemed the closest to the curriculum I remembered being drilled in me back in high school lol. One thing in this field is you're gonna be doing independent research alot. It can be daunting in real-life scenarios, but generally, this book always presented the questions straightforward. Like for instance, you might need to look up 'how to write to a file using python'.

Back