Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
was talking to a coworker of mine about how I wanna venture off to get my PMP certification.. apparently the work I've been doing all this time might give me the hours needed for certification.. I just gotta complete the test/course.

Taking some time off so ima put some real effort to getting this course done

@Old Man Cain just got it. Get it done!!

was talking to a coworker of mine about how I wanna venture off to get my PMP certification.. apparently the work I've been doing all this time might give me the hours needed for certification.. I just gotta complete the test/course.

Taking some time off so ima put some real effort to getting this course done
Man do it. Not gonna lie that shit is hard as fuck and it's a lot of information to take on but it can be done

Man do it. Not gonna lie that shit is hard as fuck and it's a lot of information to take on but it can be done

have you found any differences with the certification with regards to regular PMP and being a scrum master or anything like that or does the PMP cert cover all of that?

What about coding or Salesforce??? What y’all brothers can tell me bout that?

I find coding easier to get into than trying to get on via a platform.

You normally get exposed to shit like Salesforce doing another job.

If you want a coding gig though, you need a good portfolio or a Comp Sci degree.

If I was still in my 20s, I would have definitely gotten into coding but I’m not disciplined enough for it. I did dabble into some Salesforce but I’m not into it anymore

have you found any differences with the certification with regards to regular PMP and being a scrum master or anything like that or does the PMP cert cover all of that?
A Scrum Master is similar to a PM but they follow the Agile methodologies and more team based. A PM is more job based

I actually my first interview for a IT PM today. It's a 12mo contract role but the money is stupid so I hope I get it. I just want the IT PM'ing under my belt so I can make some real moves in this consulting game

I don’t know why but coding just seems like something I’d be too slow to grasp. That’s what Fuchs me up about IT. I Just feel too damn slow trying to jump into it.

I code myself but I feel like front end development seems to move so quickly it can be hard to keep up at times.

I like backend development a bit more personally. Feels a bit more stable imo. I prefer working on how things are going to function as opposed to building how it's gonna look

Ok IT friends

So I was able to BS my way into an interview for a fully remote help desk position at a law firm that would pay me more in a week than my current job will pay in 2 weeks. The first interview went well but now they want me to perform a troubleshoot assessment to show I know what I’m doing. It would be sometime next week but if I do well, all signs point to me getting the job. Help!!

I code myself but I feel like front end development seems to move so quickly it can be hard to keep up at times.

I like backend development a bit more personally. Feels a bit more stable imo. I prefer working on how things are going to function as opposed to building how it's gonna look

Back end being database, APIs, or both?

Also, language of choice?

Traditionally im a Java Spring Boot lover but god damn I been liking the new .Net Entity Framework

Back end being database, APIs, or both?

Also, language of choice?

Traditionally im a Java Spring Boot lover but god damn I been liking the new .Net Entity Framework

Databases for the most part but lately have been getting into dealing with APIs a lil bit. Gonna be dealing with them alot more going forward.

If you woulda asked me a couple years back I woulda said PHP cuz that what I dealt with mostly especially around building stuff for open source content management systems like Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress and all that. A lil while ago we switched over so i've had to start familiarizing myself with .Net.

Alot of shifting and indecision going on where im at when it comes to what tech we're gonna use so so i've been eyeing up maybe getting away from development and focussing on getting my project management certification

Databases for the most part but lately have been getting into dealing with APIs a lil bit. Gonna be dealing with them alot more going forward.

If you woulda asked me a couple years back I woulda said PHP cuz that what I dealt with mostly especially around building stuff for open source content management systems like Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress and all that. A lil while ago we switched over so i've had to start familiarizing myself with .Net.

Alot of shifting and indecision going on where im at when it comes to what tech we're gonna use so so i've been eyeing up maybe getting away from development and focussing on getting my project management certification

Man I cant do PM work. Chasing mfers down, keeping them on track to finish on time aint for me.

The money is good though.

Im starting to feel ready to take the step to becoming a solutions architect. On some fuck an app, let me come in and design and build a whole system for you. My focus is on event driven architecture.

Been really working on Azure Apps a ton. Once I got that locked down and I have a good understanding on a ton of the apps available on Azure, im gonna take the step

Man I cant do PM work. Chasing mfers down, keeping them on track to finish on time aint for me.

The money is good though.

Im starting to feel ready to take the step to becoming a solutions architect. On some fuck an app, let me come in and design and build a whole system for you. My focus is on event driven architecture.

Been really working on Azure Apps a ton. Once I got that locked down and I have a good understanding on a ton of the apps available on Azure, im gonna take the step

lol I think im leaning that way because as a developer I hate having to chase down managers and higher ups for the shit we need to do our work efficiently. Feels like half the time we're managing them.

Good shit tho! There are so many damn directions we can take this information and make some decent bread. It can be dizzying as fuck trying to decide at times honestly lol

Back