Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn this was a great thread. Lotta jewels dropped.

Any new developments or interesting things on the horizon? Sup wit yall in your IT endeavours?

Been contemplating a career change/adjustment lately. Just in the information gathering stage at this point to see which direction I might want to go in.

I have decided to forgo getting into IT as I started a new job with insurance and trying some side hustles with writing and real estate. I still would like to read about y’all plans and opportunities in here though

Great that everyone is working on their IT journeys. So I've been MIA period for a long while because I've been work in Help Desk all of this time. It has reserved a good part of time for me, but I've been working on my Web Developer/Software Engineer career all of this time as well.

So I'm hosting my portfolio on Heroku right now https://howardtibbs-io.herokuapp.com/
It's not all the way done yet as I have to replace the placeholders that are on the projects and my experience. I have volunteered for a conference event and have just came back from a big conference in Center City in the beginning of the month. So I've been very busy!

I did work for another startup group for what's called Sweat Equity (You do not get paid, but upon company acquisition you receive a share of the company.) PlayerBase was the company I was working for as I started working for the Help Desk position. After July however the startup disbanded without notice.

So right now I'm awaiting to hear from two companies for ReactJS Developer and AngularJS Developer while also having an upcoming interview with another startup tomorrow.

Lastly, I have to get my portfolio completely finished and have felt it has been difficult to keep the consistency with my production for the project due to time and resources. So recently I've decided on livestreaming my project very soon as I invite people to join, chat, and collaborate on finishing this project. It will be my first of many different projects to finish as I will be attempting on building a startup company from scratch within 24 hours and to hopefully get it out there for marketing.

Those are what I've been working on the past 6 months, but I'll try to post the link for the livestream. Haven't set the date yet but it should be in a couple of days.

Take care guys!

I have decided to forgo getting into IT as I started a new job with insurance and trying some side hustles with writing and real estate. I still would like to read about y’all plans and opportunities in here though

Upon further review, was laid off from my insurance job (actually fired) and found a job with a software company as an admin. See tons of growth with IT there. Plan is to do the Admin job well and see if I can transfer to IT or something close in the future

Last edited:
I actually reread the old IT thread in the old IC recently. So many gems. What’s everyone been up to in the IT world?

I actually reread the old IT thread in the old IC recently. So many gems. What’s everyone been up to in the IT world?

My company is about to implement an MDM. VMWare Workspace One(used to be Airwatch). Im the project leader/manager and im pretty much a rockstar now cause I learned the shit pretty quick lmao

I'm sharpening up my Python skills. Shits becoming necessary these days. I might even go back into C programming 'cause I saw a few high paying contracts available for Linux kernel programming shits that I know I could get in on if I still fucked with C like I used to.

After being unemployed for a few months, I’m finally doing it. No more bullshitting. Finally got the a+ study guide from Udemy and gonna buy the book soon. Trying to take the test by the summer.

After being unemployed for a few months, I’m finally doing it. No more bullshitting. Finally got the a+ study guide from Udemy and gonna buy the book soon. Trying to take the test by the summer.
I have the book, i think i can scan the pages and send them to you or something...Ill let you know what book i have when i get to the crib

If y'all looking for any books/PDF's in particular let me know. I'll see if I can find them or at the very least drop off a few links of sites I frequent to get them

Back