Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ayo........ Beginning of this year I started my own company. Had a few contracts pulling cable. COVID dried all that up because companies wasn't needing people back in offices. Through some connections I made throughout the industry I got linked up with doing racking and stacking(aka placing equipment in a rack). I wasn't even thinking about that hustle but now I get like 8-10 jobs till the end of the year paying 2500-8000 for each job. Thesw rack and stack jobs are easy money and takes about 2hrs max to do.

Said all that to say this. Make good connections in this field keep your name good so you can make moves and connections.

This site gives you access to nothing but free courses in IT and other certs that you want to get.

Shit has been so helpful. Looked up an azure course that’s so descriptive and is showing me exactly how to create a virtual machine. Found other helpful IT courses on there too. Just trying to find time to learn as much as I can

Anyone got security+ study material?

Never mind. Got a free security+ boot camp next week I’m attending and I got the 1000 page study guide

Last edited:
2022 a few days away. What’s y’all 2022 career goals??

I know I know. Said I would go for the azure certification but I’m not motivated to learn it. So I’m going for the google IT certification since I can get it done asap. After that, Security+ and then the CCNA. Hoping to do all this by the end of the year. Not fully into IT at my job but I’m basically doing it part time along with my mail job. They bought a suite across from us so they’re gonna need another IT person so that hopefully will happen soon

I been putting it off but I really need to get cracking on my Project Management studies/certification

when I worked in engineering my old manager kept trying to get me to go for a PMP. I almost wish I had 'cause I've known cats pulling $200-$250/hr doing it

when I worked in engineering my old manager kept trying to get me to go for a PMP. I almost wish I had 'cause I've known cats pulling $200-$250/hr doing it

At my current job, I have a daily meeting with the project manager. He always seems stressed lol but I know the pay is good

Back