Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've lurked this thread for a lil bit tryna soak up game. Figured I should just ask directly. What would be a good entry point for someone without an IT background. My main interest is web development but I'm open to learning other lanes as well

I've lurked this thread for a lil bit tryna soak up game. Figured I should just ask directly. What would be a good entry point for someone without an IT background. My main interest is web development but I'm open to learning other lanes as well
Best entry level to get yiur foot in the door with just certs and no degree or experience is desktop support

Look up manual software testing. Its good money and doesnt require much technical skill

Gentlemen, this is the last week in which I do not have a certification in IT. Next Thursday I attempt to get the Azure 900 certification. Been studying for it since August. Doesn’t seem difficult at all. I’m ready for it

Thats a good fucking look. Like a great fucking look. Azure is the present and future of technologys architecture.

What does the Azure 900 cert cover? Is it building environments on the cloud?

Thats a good fucking look. Like a great fucking look. Azure is the present and future of technologys architecture.

What does the Azure 900 cert cover? Is it building environments on the cloud?

The fundamentals of Azure. Virtual machines, cost of service, etc

The fundamentals of Azure. Virtual machines, cost of service, etc

Good shit. Building out a VM on Azure cloud is super in demand. Companies now have Azure Admins that do just that. Someone needs a VM, puts in the request, you create the VM and give them the login creds.

You learn how to build servers and then deploy applications to them and you set. Then if you learn how to terraform and automate those deploys, you set for life.

Overall, good shit. Anything Azure is fire.

Im studying for my AWS Solutions Architect Associate

My company is getting some new work thats all cloud development. Opportunity to work from home. The lead for that new contract is on my current one now and is planning on taking me with him to the new work. I got about 4 months…thats plenty of time…I will prob have the associate and professional by the time its time to move.

So fucking angry. Wasn’t able to take the azure certification exam today. Shit was out of my control. I’m trying to calm down. Will explain everything tomorrow morning to y’all

Don’t even sweat it big dawg.

I had everything set up perfectly. Scheduled the test for 8pm. They even let me log in 30 minutes before. When they were checking my credentials, their program that I was using all of a sudden shut down. Called their IT support and I was on the phone with them for an hour. They claimed it was my WiFi, so I drove to my sisters house. Did the same thing and they claimed that the issue was the WiFi. Then I went to my parents house and they said yet again it was the WiFi. I was like fuck that and yelled at them. At that point it was 11:30pm and my laptop battery was about to die. They said they would call me about retaking the exam. Those Indian idiots better let me retake it

I had everything set up perfectly. Scheduled the test for 8pm. They even let me log in 30 minutes before. When they were checking my credentials, their program that I was using all of a sudden shut down. Called their IT support and I was on the phone with them for an hour. They claimed it was my WiFi, so I drove to my sisters house. Did the same thing and they claimed that the issue was the WiFi. Then I went to my parents house and they said yet again it was the WiFi. I was like fuck that and yelled at them. At that point it was 11:30pm and my laptop battery was about to die. They said they would call me about retaking the exam. Those Indian idiots better let me retake it

giphy.gif

Shit like this why I prefer to show up on site....

Im studying for my AWS Solutions Architect Associate

My company is getting some new work thats all cloud development. Opportunity to work from home. The lead for that new contract is on my current one now and is planning on taking me with him to the new work. I got about 4 months…thats plenty of time…I will prob have the associate and professional by the time its time to move.

I been doing alot of cloud work lately. Shit aint that different from anything you do on prem, just different start and end points. You got the shit with ease fam.

Last edited:
An article I was reading recommended a free course from Harvard to help with being new to IT. Does anybody have any experience with the CS50 course?

Back