Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I unfortunately gotta start from the ground up but my childhood friend is in IT at my job and once I get the MDAA certification, there’s a good chance I can do help desk and get a raise in salary. When I get in, I’m gonna study for the CCNA like hell and get that certification and get something better

That’s what’s up. Getting put on like that is how the majority of people get their foot in the door. I still gotta get out the military first but that’s at least two years away. Just trying to learn as much as I can in the meantime & network with people. MDAA the next thing I need to look into as well as Python.

Im laughing but there’s truth to that lol.
It is.
They want actual content creators not chicks that keep scamming.
I said it a while back that it couldn’t be sustained cuz people don’t respect the game

There’s so much material out there on YouTube for the CCNA & other entry certs it’s crazy. I’ve learned a lot these last couple weeks. The Cisco labs have helped a lot too. Only shit I’m kinda worried about is how to get my foot in the door with a lack of actual IT workplace experience.

Is the area you work in an IT area? You might have to get on a helpdesk and work your way up. It may be the bottom but it will be worth it because you are growing within the company and becoming apart of that culture....

Is the area you work in an IT area? You might have to get on a helpdesk and work your way up. It may be the bottom but it will be worth it because you are growing within the company and becoming apart of that culture....

I live in San Diego which I already know is the perfect place for IT work. The thing is Im in the military. There’s an IT department in our command & I got a homie that can explain some of the in’s and out’s but I also want to get some experience and knowledge from the civilian sector. Im cool with working help desk when I get out. I just know if I do I’m probably gonna have a big pay cut to start off with lol.

I hit up my IT homie yesterday. Was surprised to find out the civilian dude he works with only has his A+ & makes about 80k. That’s pretty good with just that cert but I’m sure he had plenty of experience before he got that gig. Also learned that tuition assistance can pays for any cert I take the exam for so I’m taking full advantage of that. Gonna start with getting A+ out the way and go from there.

Forgot about this thread. I have my ccna. Bout to expire in a year so im gonna for my CCNP. Been in the network field for the past 7 years. Trying to get out of IT all together though. Just currently staying as a back up.

Forgot about this thread. I have my ccna. Bout to expire in a year so im gonna for my CCNP. Been in the network field for the past 7 years. Trying to get out of IT all together though. Just currently staying as a back up.
Oh damn, for real? What’s your reason (if you don’t mind) for wanting to leave?

Oh damn, for real? What’s your reason (if you don’t mind) for wanting to leave?
I want to spend a lot of time traveling. Dont want to be in a office anymore. Rather have investments going for me. My job pays me a great salary so I wont leave until my other plans grow.

Back