Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@TheMadLionsFan just read about you becoming a Systems Administrator. How did you get into that field?

the long way.....

I first got my A+ certificate got on a helpdesk....worked my way up from their

Got my CCNA and was able to get promoted within the company

In Michigan it is a little difficult because this really isn't a big IT state, you have to work your way up in a company as opposed to getting a cert and then being hired off the street

I got into IT after leaving the manufacturing environment....alot of racists in those areas and I almost got fired a few times for going off on people....so I just decided to switch up my entire career

the long way.....

In Michigan it is a little difficult because this really isn't a big IT state, you have to work your way up in a company as opposed to getting a cert and then being hired off the street

I got into IT after leaving the manufacturing environment....alot of racists in those areas and I almost got fired a few times for going off on people....so I just decided to switch up my entire career
Bro try to get into IT project management. Easily 6 figure salary easy work too

the long way.....

I’m going for the MDAA certification next month. I’ve said in here that once I get that certification I got a childhood friend who said he’ll let me transfer into IT from doing mail at a firm I work for. After that, going for the network + by the end of the year and then the CCNA at the beginning of next year. After that, I’m moving on to bigger and better

Been thinking about it....I want to see how far I can take networking though because this path has been god to me......When the pandemic hit, I was never in danger of losing my job...just moved from the office to the house....

What credentials do you need for that?

I’m going for the MDAA certification next month. I’ve said in here that once I get that certification I got a childhood friend who said he’ll let me transfer into IT from doing mail at a firm I work for. After that, going for the network + by the end of the year and then the CCNA at the beginning of next year. After that, I’m moving on to bigger and better

CCNA might be better because CCNA covers alot of the same things that the network+ covers but it goes in depth and it goes farther....using network+ as a prerequisite isn't necessary....plus Cisco network devices make up about 80% market share and they have their own proprietary technolgies

CCNA might be better because CCNA covers alot of the same things that the network+ covers but it goes in depth and it goes farther....using network+ as a prerequisite isn't necessary....plus Cisco network devices make up about 80% market share and they have their own proprietary technolgies

Hmmm ok. That’s not a bad idea

Been thinking about it....I want to see how far I can take networking though because this path has been god to me......When the pandemic hit, I was never in danger of losing my job...just moved from the office to the house....

What credentials do you need for that?
Being that you're in the IT field now you can easily move in PM work. Some times they want you to have a PMP cert but a lot of times it's not needed. You have to speak to mgmt let them know what you would like to do get the knowledge and connect with other people. Networking is the best way

My project manager is so fucking bad bro. Like im talking gorgeous. I dont use these words often. Thats how bad she is. And she knows how to run a project. She mad forceful when she needs to be. And mad bubbly other times.

Shits not even fair fam cause she gets whatever she wants from me. I could be busy with other things but as soon as she asks for something, im like im all yours.

Baaaaaaad bitch.

Let me go and wipe the sweat off my forehead.

Project Management, and even better, Scrum Master is where its at if yall like to do administrative work.

PM requires more management and leadership skills than being a Scrum Master. being a scrum master requires both of them too, but just on a smaller team.

Both good fields. Both will have you sittung at 120k+ in no time.

My project manager is so fucking bad bro. Like im talking gorgeous. I dont use these words often. Thats how bad she is. And she knows how to run a project. She mad forceful when she needs to be. And mad bubbly other times.

Shits not even fair fam cause she gets whatever she wants from me. I could be busy with other things but as soon as she asks for something, im like im all yours.

Baaaaaaad bitch.

Let me go and wipe the sweat off my forehead.
Ayo put me on uhh for networking what not yeah thats it networking

There’s so much material out there on YouTube for the CCNA & other entry certs it’s crazy. I’ve learned a lot these last couple weeks. The Cisco labs have helped a lot too. Only shit I’m kinda worried about is how to get my foot in the door with a lack of actual IT workplace experience.

There’s so much material out there on YouTube for the CCNA & other entry certs it’s crazy. I’ve learned a lot these last couple weeks. The Cisco labs have helped a lot too. Only shit I’m kinda worried about is how to get my foot in the door with a lack of actual IT workplace experience.

I unfortunately gotta start from the ground up but my childhood friend is in IT at my job and once I get the MDAA certification, there’s a good chance I can do help desk and get a raise in salary. When I get in, I’m gonna study for the CCNA like hell and get that certification and get something better

Back