Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Real shit, yall should really focus on development or automation testing.

Wont need any degree or cert.

Im self taught. Over 6 figures for over 5 years now and only got a fake ass cert for the first time bout a year ago. Didnt even put the cert on my resume. And I dont have a degree either.

I keep telling everyone who is willing to listen that manual Software Testing is a life hack. Easiest shit ever. Can train a monkey to do it and get a 75k to 85k job.

And if you can get some skills and learn how to automate, easily over 100k.
Need to look into this

even tho I really do enjoy networking

Anything in IT is good.

For me, I found that software is the easiest to get into. It seems complicated, but once you put some time into it, it gets real easy.

Networking and Security are both great too. But you can literally bullshit your way into a manual software testint job.

For my first job, i used a fake resume. Put 5 years experience. I had 0. Just watched a bunch of videos. BSed my way through the interview.

First day on the job I was sweating buckets. Then I looked around and saw it was a bunch of old ladies doing the job. Confidence shoy to a million. In 2 weeks I was the best person on the job.

Never looked back since.

Im telling yall. Manual Software Testing requires no skill. Yall should look into it.

Need to look into this

even tho I really do enjoy networking

Fam, you know just as well as I do that anything in IT is gold. If you already in Networking and doing good, you good.

Im more so talking bout people who want to get into IT.

Software Development and Testing is so in demand, people can get jobs without any certs. If you can prove you are self taught, you got a job.

Im self taught. Over 6 figures for over 5 years now and only got a fake ass cert for the first time bout a year ago. Didnt even put the cert on my resume. And I dont have a degree either.

I keep telling everyone who is willing to listen that manual Software Testing is a life hack. Easiest shit ever. Can train a monkey to do it and get a 75k to 85k job.

Put me on pimp!!

Anything in IT is good.

For me, I found that software is the easiest to get into. It seems complicated, but once you put some time into it, it gets real easy.

Networking and Security are both great too. But you can literally bullshit your way into a manual software testint job.

For my first job, i used a fake resume. Put 5 years experience. I had 0. Just watched a bunch of videos. BSed my way through the interview.

First day on the job I was sweating buckets. Then I looked around and saw it was a bunch of old ladies doing the job. Confidence shoy to a million. In 2 weeks I was the best person on the job.

Never looked back since.

Im telling yall. Manual Software Testing requires no skill. Yall should look into it.

yo fam, nowwith stuff like manual software testing what kind of exp. was your employer looking for? Also what state are you in? I’ll have to do more research but hopefully MI has some stuff out here.
Do you work remotely or is it all office work?

yo fam, nowwith stuff like manual software testing what kind of exp. was your employer looking for? Also what state are you in? I’ll have to do more research but hopefully MI has some stuff out here.
Do you work remotely or is it all office work?

My job was looking for 5 years of experience. I faked my resume and put 5 years total with 3 small companies. Got accepted and called for an interview. Watched a bunch of videos and read a ton of interview questions. Sat down and wrote out a response for question and memorized it. Went in, did good in the interview, and the rest is history.

This was in NC. IT jobs are everywhere though. I know MI got a ton.

Oh and before the pandemic, i was working remote 2 days a week, and in office 3 days a week. Been working remote every day since March though.

Last edited:

Go on....

Whats manual software testing?

Think about if you worked for a bank, you would be testing your banking website before its ready for people to use.

During development, everyone decides how each functionality the website has to work. And then when they develop each function, as the tester you test it.

Take the login page. Im the developer, im told there has to be a username label then text box. Same for password. And then there has to be a sign on button. I write the code and put all that there. Then as the tester, you go and make sure the username textbox is there, and you can type letters and numbers in it, then delete them, then click the sign on button.

Thats all Software QA is. Basically using a website and making sure it works.

Google it fam. Theres a ton of info online.

Think about if you worked for a bank, you would be testing your banking website before its ready for people to use.

During development, everyone decides how each functionality the website has to work. And then when they develop each function, as the tester you test it.

Take the login page. Im the developer, im told there has to be a username label then text box. Same for password. And then there has to be a sign on button. I write the code and put all that there. Then as the tester, you go and make sure the username textbox is there, and you can type letters and numbers in it, then delete them, then click the sign on button.

Thats all Software QA is. Basically using a website and making sure it works.

Google it fam. Theres a ton of info online.
So you getting 70-100k for interneting?

what a lick lol

So you getting 70-100k for interneting?

what a lick lol

Exactly. When I first started, I was super nervous, then I looked around and saw it was old ladies doing it, and one of then asked me how I was copying and pasting using control c and v.

I was like yo they paying people who dont know how to use a computer 80k to use a website.

Lmao.

I ended up teaching myself java, c#, and python and got a development job eventually. I was always super worried that one day these companies would wake up and realize they paying nurse money for mfers to click a button

Exactly. When I first started, I was super nervous, then I looked around and saw it was old ladies doing it, and one of then asked me how I was copying and pasting using control c and v.

I was like yo they paying people who dont know how to use a computer 80k to use a website.

Lmao.

I ended up teaching myself java, c#, and python and got a development job eventually. I was always super worried that one day these companies would wake up and realize they paying nurse money for mfers to click a button
I said put put me on pimp!!!?

I said put put me on pimp!!!?

Real shit, whats funny is way back when I started I was working with a older dude who worked in your field. He retired from doing something real similar to what you do and started working in SQA.

Fam go online, research SQA. Then go to udemy, complete a fiew courses and in a few months when you feel ready, hit my pm and I can help you set up your resume and send the shit out.

Last edited:
@Big Lurko fam, for someone like you, who is new and trying to get into the field, you can look Zynergy. They a company in Greensboro that litetally take people with 0 experience and pay them $15-$20 an hour while teaching them on the job. In 6 months to a year, you can up to $30 an hour and once you feel like you learned, you can start applying to other companies.

I know a whole bunch of people that got their starts at zynergy and making over 6 figures now.

Idk how the pandemic effected them but its probably worth emailing them and asking them when their next training course is.

For people not in NC, companies like Zynerty in other states too. Yall can look for them and get in contact with them too.

And also, anyone who gets a SQA job off these posts, yall gotta give me yall first paycheck

@Big Lurko fam, for someone like you, who is new and trying to get into the field, you can look Zynergy. They a company in Greensboro that litetally take people with 0 experience and pay them $15-$20 an hour while teaching them on the job. In 6 months to a year, you can up to $30 an hour and once you feel like you learned, you can start applying to other companies.

I know a whole bunch of people that got their starts at zynergy and making over 6 figures now.

Idk how the pandemic effected them but its probably worth emailing them and asking them when their next training course is.

For people not in NC, companies like Zynerty in other states too. Yall can look for them and get in contact with them too.

And also, anyone who gets a SQA job off these posts, yall gotta give me yall first paycheck
Ok appreciate the drop but aint no way im workin in greensboro so i would hope its remote lol.

My approach to this field is alittle different. While im intrested in IT Im already doing good financially so it would have to be a really lucrative for me to even consider drastic change like that. Perfect world it would be ideal to just snag something in the Charlotte area to get my feet wet as a second job and if i lucked up into a close to 6 figure position AND working remote then consider making it my full time career.

Honestly the work from home life is whats appealing to me the most lol.

Ok appreciate the drop but aint no way im workin in greensboro so i would hope its remote lol.

My approach to this field is alittle different. While im intrested in IT Im already doing good financially so it would have to be a really lucrative for me to even consider drastic change like that. Perfect world it would be ideal to just snag something in the Charlotte area to get my feet wet as a second job and if i lucked up into a close to 6 figure position AND working remote then consider making it my full time career.

Honestly the work from home life is whats appealing to me the most lol.

I feel that. In your situation the zynergy route aint for you. You just gotta take your time, learn, and wait for the best oppurtunity to come up

ONly if you help me with the resume.

I have a degree in programming and couldn't find work. Just recently taught myself how to code in Salesforce.
My issue is faking a resume....i need help in that.

ONly if you help me with the resume.

I have a degree in programming and couldn't find work. Just recently taught myself how to code in Salesforce.
My issue is faking a resume....i need help in that.

get into developing in Salesforce. You will make plenty money!

Back