Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I understand what you mean. You're saying a traditional company like healthcare, real estate, government, etc.
Whereas IT company is a straight Information Technology company.

You actually answered your own question, the difference is that they are different industries.

If not, what are you referring to? Salary, Job Role, Industry, Culture, etc.?

Meaning culture, processes and credentials

From the people that I know that work for IT companies, they dont have any college degrees but the traditional companies seem to require them

Meaning culture, processes and credentials

From the people that I know that work for IT companies, they dont have any college degrees but the traditional companies seem to require them

I’ve heard of people with no college degrees getting decent work in IT but I’ve also seen people with non IT 4 year degrees (history, english, psychology, etc) getting good IT jobs. I’m in that same boat with a mediocre degree (liberal studies) but hoping my luck changes with a few certifications

Peek at SEC+ (501) if you can grind real quick. test about to change and add like 300 more questions on the 601
Yea i just peeped that. So once the new test comes is older one obsolete? I seen 501 officially expires 2021

So I’m gonna finally take the Salesforce administrator certification sometime this month. Learning it doesn’t seem so hard and I get to use it at a new job I started last week but still a little nervous. I’m ready to take it though
Did you pass fam?

the test will be BUT the weight still holds from the 501. so I suggest the 501 to anyone first so you don't have to worry about that new shit
I got til November so thats alil over a month. Not sure if its possible since im starting from scratch but ill look more in to it.

ObviousYellowishFruitbat-small.gif

My nigga!

Back