Welcome To aBlackWeb

Issues with the search engine of the forum

JohnSmithCAN

Hi everyone,

Sorry to bother you. I wanted to reach you all about a reccurent issue I had once a while and that I want to get rid off. It's been twice I open a thread after seeking out whether there does have not any analog topic on the search engine and twice a topic gets blocked for this.

I really do not understand why x name dropped on the search engine does not headline to the older topic in question, but overwhelms the user with multiple pages of irrelevant minor posting unrelated to the very topic title. I wanted to figure out the issue.

Just saying.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to bother you. I wanted to reach you all about a reccurent issue I had once a while and that I want to get rid off. It's been twice I open a thread after seeking out whether there does have not any analog topic on the search engine and twice a topic gets blocked for this.

I really do not understand why x name dropped on the search engine does not headline to the older topic in question, but overwhelms the user with multiple pages of irrelevant minor posting unrelated to the very topic title. I wanted to figure out the issue.

Just saying.
Give me an example

Give me an example

I made a thread about a Plus Size modelwho happened to be already extant. Prior its launching, I was searching for her name on the search engine and only found 10 pages long of posting mentioning her,but unrelated to the topic titlebecause it was not headlined, neither in the earlier pages.

Such occurence happened twice. It's causing me a little trouble around here and I hate looking like a fool when this is not.

I made a thread about a Plus Size modelwho happened to be already extant. Prior its launching, I was searching for her name on the search engine and only found 10 pages long of posting mentioning her,but unrelated to the topic titlebecause it was not headlined, neither in the earlier pages.

Such occurence happened twice. It's causing me a little trouble around here and I hate looking like a fool when this is not.
did you check "search by thread title only"

I'm glad a thread is made for this. Been having the same issue for a long time to the point where I just use google for searching on abw. You can type Pop Smoke for example if you wanted to hear to his album thread which is there, but no where to be found and search engine goes strictly for the word smoke and other numerous things that don't equate the variables pop and smoke

Real talk, I thought y'all knew that already lol

Remember this though, this is a common issue with most message boards. That's why I've been trying to encourage people to name threads with searchable words.

Three letter words like pop won't yield any results but 5 letter words like smoke will. I think it will search 4 letter words as well. I think... But whenever I'm looking for a thread that I can't remember the exact name of it, I try to think of a searchable word that I knew was in the title and look for it by thread title only.

Y'all welcome though

Back