Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is there a point when the wealthy should just stop making more money?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
watching a video (vlad) they came up with a good points.

its one thing to have things you like and be able to afford all you ever wanted but it gets to a point where it is no longer even a struggle to get anything and you have more than enough,.

Should that person no longer make money because at that point its pointless. And before you say generational wealth.......after a certain amount.....the shit is on cruise control.

I know a few people on here said that a person can have too much money.

what say you?
outside of a status symbol, do you really need more?
and what if it just came easy after years of hard work.....do you just give it away?

lets talk about it.

I dont like the idea of limits but at the same time a person having billions makes less and less sense to me. A person being allowrd to have more money than they can spend in a 100 lifetimes just doesnt pass the logic test.

But like I said, I dont like to limit how much a person can have, but I support making it harder and harder for a person to keep their earnings after a certain amount per year. Maybe raise taxes a significant amount after all earnings past 10 mil like the more liberal democrats suggest.

No. Just increase the highest tax bracket to like 97% or something past a few billion.

If a CEO is payin' proper taxes, their companies doin' the same and payin' their employees a livin' wage and they're still a billionaire then good on 'em I say.

It doesn't make sense for an entire neighborhood or city to be poor and struggling while someone who lives 5 mins in the other direction has more money than him or his great great great grandchildren will ever need. Theres gotta be a better balance.

Back